Sons' sorrow

IMG_0858.thumb.jpg.ba7137300c99eca71c3b5b8b7829ebec.jpg

[emoji17][emoji17]

If that's the Inter template from the catalogue, which it looks like, it'll have a plain yellow back. We've had bespoke ones for the last 3 years as they don't have a black and gold striped option in their teamware

Oh and the sponsors won't be happy that their logo is going to be all but invisible from a distance

1 hour ago, albundy said:

I get people are working hard behind the scenes free of charge and they are to be commended for that, however just about everything you look forward to with blind optomism in pre season has been deflating (signings, new strip, etc).

If we aren't flush with cash please ask the chairman to stop publically setting unrealistic targets (top 4) and the manager making noises about competitive budgets.

The chairman was naive with his comments. He'd have been far better saying nothing more than that we hope to be able to compete against our divisional rivals and to finish in as strong a league position as possible. Setting a specific top 4 expectation hasn't helped.

11 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Last seasons top looked fantastic and this top looks cheap.

Last season’s top was a Frankenstein’s monster of a kit that didn’t know what it wanted to be. At least this one knows it wants to be black and gold stripes.

The chairman was naive with his comments. He'd have been far better saying nothing more than that we hope to be able to compete against our divisional rivals and to finish in as strong a league position as possible. Setting a specific top 4 expectation hasn't helped.
AFAIK the chairman's aims haven't changed. The manager has been allocated a budget he believes can achieve us top 4.

Make of that what you will.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

AFAIK the chairman's aims haven't changed. The manager has been allocated a budget he believes can achieve us top 4.

Make of that what you will.

Top 4 with this squad isnt realistic. It may well happen. We may bring in a few loan signings who transform this squad.

Looking at our squad on paper? That's unrealistic. Duffy may well get this group of players playing above their previous level. It'll certainly be a test of his talent as a manager.

It may well happen. Our chairman may want it to happen and our manager may believe that it's achievable. Whilst it isnt impossible, it's certainly a very challenging aim.

The home top is far better than last seasons. The reaction to it on here is way over the top Black and gold stripes or hoops is our traditional colours so nothing wrong with that
In your opinion, of course.

Just because it's "traditional" doesn't mean it's good. I wasn't a fan of last year's home kit at all, but I'd have it any day of the week over that current effort.

Top 4 with this squad isnt realistic. It may well happen. We may bring in a few loan signings who transform this squad.
Looking at our squad on paper? That's unrealistic. Duffy may well get this group of players playing above their previous level. It'll certainly be a test of his talent as a manager.
It may well happen. Our chairman may want it to happen and our manager may believe that it's achievable. Whilst it isnt impossible, it's certainly a very challenging aim.
I completely agree that top 4 with this squad isn't achievable.

Like I said though, based on the budget available, the Chairman has the same aim as last season. Maybe the budget just hasn't been used very well.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I completely agree that top 4 with this squad isn't achievable.

Like I said though, based on the budget available, the Chairman has the same aim as last season. Maybe the budget just hasn't been used very well.

Or isnt as healthy as fans believe on the basis of comments made by the chairman and by Duffy about their respective expectations.