Sons' sorrow

I was actually looking about online to see if I could get a hold of Dumbarton Jersey. I assume from these posts this season isn't released.

When is it scheduled to come out? Obviously I'm not a fan but like collecting jerseys and memorabilia and don't mind supporting the cause. 

1 hour ago, montreal_exile said:

I was actually looking about online to see if I could get a hold of Dumbarton Jersey. I assume from these posts this season isn't released.

When is it scheduled to come out? Obviously I'm not a fan but like collecting jerseys and memorabilia and don't mind supporting the cause. 

I'll put you down for 300

So at least five signings to be announced today or tomorrow.

My guess would be Zata, Quitongo, PJ Crossan, Boris and Langan and it will be the most underwhelming quintuple signing announcement in the history of association football.

Duffy to play PJ Crossan out wide for the entire season as we fail to attract any further wingers and just stockpile jobber centre mids and shunt them around when required.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So at least five signings to be announced today or tomorrow.

My guess would be Zata, Quitongo, PJ Crossan, Boris and Langan and it will be the most underwhelming quintuple signing announcement in the history of association football.

Duffy to play PJ Crossan out wide for the entire season as we fail to attract any further wingers and just stockpile jobber centre mids and shunt them around when required.

Quitongo and Crossan wouldn't be all that bad tbh. Can't comment on Zara as I've not seen him play but comes across a side very meh to anyone who has. Boris would be a reasonable squad player but if he signs it's a mark of where our expectations should be at this season.

Im hopeful we'll see a couple of quality loanees come in at the end of August.

I wouldn't sign Boris, he's pretty hopeless and all he's good for is winning headers, and tbh the fact he's been brought back into the fold shows just how desperate Duffy is, so this pish about "waiting to get the right players in" is exactly that, pish.

I'm entirely unimpressed with Jim's approach to this window and he needs to do a lot to win me over now.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't sign Boris, he's pretty hopeless and all he's good for is winning headers

Glad I'm not the only one in that boat. There's no doubt he's all effort and enthusiasm...But that's about it. I'd be majorly concerned if we brought him back - even as a squad player tbqh.

Can't really get my head around why there seems to be a couple of sections of our support who love the guy. He had a smashing game as a trialist, and made a difference as a sub against Airdrie in April. That's really it.

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Glad I'm not the only one in that boat. There's no doubt he's all effort and enthusiasm...But that's about it. I'd be majorly concerned if we brought him back - even as a squad player tbqh.

Can't really get my head around why there seems to be a couple of sections of our support who love the guy. He had a smashing game as a trialist, and made a difference as a sub against Airdrie in April. That's really it.

I'd rather we got Ben Armour before Boris.  Ships sailed though.

I’m confident we will finish top 4 this year. Although the squad is underwhelming in parts, I think he has a better blend of players than Aitken did. Aitken’s were all too experienced and played in similar positions to each other. This team has a blend of experience and youth that will hopefully make the team hungrier on the whole. Well that’s what I keep telling myself anyway.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'll take an ounce

giphy-26.gif

It would be awesome if this post came back to bite ye on the arse BBPF......but alas i doubt that will be the case.Well into Thursday and no news of signings.It really does seem to be desperate.

As the fanzine once said...Still,mustnt grumble.

Edited by lorenzo71

I imagine the trialists will be told tonight if they are getting signed or not.
I imagine that will be the case for other clubs/players as well - so perhaps we’ll end up being the back up option for players on trial with other teams.
I’m hoping Duffy has an experienced natural centre back up his sleeve somewhere. It’s bizarre we haven’t had a centre back on trial.
The other area we’re clearly lacking is on the wing, only having 1 winger - but I’d be more confident addressing this via the loan market than I would be a centre back, where I feel experience is needed.

But aye, hopefully some news tonight after training.

I'm entirely unimpressed with Jim's approach to this window and he needs to do a lot to win me over now.

It's also worth noting that had Stevie Aitken been overseeing such an uninspiring transfer window the knives would be out. I remember him scrambling around one year after a 3 week jaunt to Florida and everyone bar the Army wanted his head on a stake. I just think Jim has been very lazy with his signings and hasn't really pushed the boat out to retain or sign any sort of quality bar Carswell.

If we sign McKee the midfield doesn't actually look all that bad if we can get a decent loan winger or the likes but the defence and strike force looks hugely short on any sort of quality at the minute.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's also worth noting that had Stevie Aitken been overseeing such an uninspiring transfer window the knives would be out. I remember him scrambling around one year after a 3 week jaunt to Florida and everyone bar the Army wanted his head on a stake. I just think Jim has been very lazy with his signings and hasn't really pushed the boat out to retain or sign any sort of quality bar Carswell.

If we sign McKee the midfield doesn't actually look all that bad if we can get a decent loan winger or the likes but the defence and strike force looks hugely short on any sort of quality at the minute.

If we get McKee I can see him being our top goal scorer this season.