Sons' sorrow

Let’s have some wild kit speculation to take our minds off the impending disaster. I can’t make my mind up if Verona’s third kit is too much like a rugby top or not. It still might be nice in our colours just as something a bit different though.

2445DF80-A032-4607-B62C-3F6DB8ED3B83.thumb.jpeg.5917b26564c2cc2a0e8330c8f39e14db.jpeg

I'm surprised we haven't heard a thing about the kit tbh, not even a hint about a new kit coming soon or an update to say we'll be sticking with last years.

Sometimes we don't help ourselves IMHO. Kits might not matter to a lot of fans, I don't really tend to buy them personally unless it's something I really like, but plenty of folk out there are always desperate to buy one. During a close season where we are always pleading for folk to purchase season tickets to allow for a bigger budget it seems daft we always wait til the arse end of the summer to announce a kit. This year in particular it's extremely late.

I don't imagine replica kits are a massive earner for the club but every penny counts. You could even offer a season ticket and kit deal or something. I understand it's also work someone has to take on voluntarily in terms of organising it but I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers willing to step in and help with the design and ordering of a kit. Hell, I'd even get involved in something like that, and you can bet your baws we'd have a bumper if I did.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard a thing about the kit tbh, not even a hint about a new kit coming soon or an update to say we'll be sticking with last years.

Sometimes we don't help ourselves IMHO. Kits might not matter to a lot of fans, I don't really tend to buy them personally unless it's something I really like, but plenty of folk out there are always desperate to buy one. During a close season where we are always pleading for folk to purchase season tickets to allow for a bigger budget it seems daft we always wait til the arse end of the summer to announce a kit. This year in particular it's extremely late.

I don't imagine replica kits are a massive earner for the club but every penny counts. You could even offer a season ticket and kit deal or something. I understand it's also work someone has to take on voluntarily in terms of organising it but I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers willing to step in and help with the design and ordering of a kit. Hell, I'd even get involved in something like that, and you can bet your baws we'd have a bumper if I did.

Personally I tend to get the kit these days when it’s not honking (see last year’s efforts) and view it as a way of kicking some extra money (however little) into the club as I mainly go to away games. If nothing else I need a steady rotation of tops to play 5s in.

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Excuse the pish badge but you get the drift. This is one I put together in 5 minutes. Probably would cost the club too much but I'd buy it. 

_20190710_102406.JPG

The stuff dreams are made of 😍

Adidas might have their copyright people onto us though

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Excuse the pish badge but you get the drift. This is one I put together in 5 minutes. Probably would cost the club too much but I'd buy it. 

_20190710_102406.JPG

Awesome.If  only it were likely.....Whatever we get i wouldd be happy to see the back of those horrid orange lines.

16 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Tonight he looked like a Poundland Ben Gordon - we must hope he forms a partnership with McMillan.  As for the rest of the team, well on tonight's evidence  keep your expectations low.  If there is no one else on the horizon we'll need some inspired loans, that's for sure.

First half of the season he was decent but injured his foot and was a bit of a bombscare when he came back. He will win headers all day but not too clever on the ground.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The stuff dreams are made of 😍

Adidas might have their copyright people onto us though

I thought that aswell but the template was there on the ev2 custom design Web page. I've no idea how much these things cost the club or how practical it is. 

When we first went with Total Teamwear I was really impressed. Cracking kitdesign and other items like polo shirts and training tops for those of us a bit too aged to swan about in replica shirts. 

All seems to have gone quiet since. I appreciate we're small fry but you see the likes of Cowdenbeath doing new kit launches etc. Surely the club muat make some revenue from it? 

2 hours ago, Lokomotiv Dumbarton said:

On the subject of kits I made up a fair few concepts a while back, one of them was almost a carbon copy of the snudge’s effort but again it didn’t take long, was just a night when I was bored

IMG_1562764594.309723.jpg

Oh yes 😍

#SampdoriaSons

58 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I thought that aswell but the template was there on the ev2 custom design Web page. I've no idea how much these things cost the club or how practical it is. 

No real idea myself either, though I think if the Club presents a design to Joma to produce it is bespoke & costs a bit more to make & sell. Otherwise Joma will give the Club their latest range and prices and the Club chooses from that.

14 minutes ago, PWL said:

When we first went with Total Teamwear I was really impressed. Cracking kitdesign and other items like polo shirts and training tops for those of us a bit too aged to swan about in replica shirts. 

All seems to have gone quiet since. I appreciate we're small fry but you see the likes of Cowdenbeath doing new kit launches etc. Surely the club muat make some revenue from it? 

There's a reason TTL don't stock all that stuff anymore - nobody bought it. I don't have any figures to hand but historically Sons fans don't buy a lot of Sons merchandise, despite the cries for it. That said, there are discussions happening over the summer to see what we can do to make the club merchandise more appealing. A big issue comes from TTL essentially controlling stock, you may remember some folk complaining they had to wait weeks for a training top or a shirt, that's down to TTL holding very limited stock (because we don't buy a lot) and then ordering as the orders come in. TTL also charge you an arm and a leg for delivery, which I think puts some people off too. I don't know enough about it whether we made more money using TTL or doing it all ourselves, but it will be looked at. We're open to ideas for merchandise too, so if anyone has any then sling them my way (or to the trust).

I was told last week the kits would be launched soon, I had assumed before our first group game but I'm not sure what the current status is. I agree with you and others that it should've been launched before now. Even though we don't sell much, getting it on sale during the summer could bring in a few quid that tides us over.

if the main trialist signs:

if carswell is going to play as central back, crawford as RB, but he is CB, so we need another full right back who goes forward

zata and mckee as midfields and quitongo as LB....

----------brennan/petti---------

??????---------carswell---mcmillan----quitongo

crawford---------neill-------??????-----??

-----------hutton-----------mckee-----------

-----------????--------------zata----

mccluskey--------scullion----------------???

???------------------layne-----------------????

----------------loy----------tierney-----------

but I dont think 22 players, as most 20.... so 2 more defenders and 2 wingersssss. what do you think?

Edited by McGarci

if the main trialist signs:
 if carswell is going to play as central back, crawford as RB, but he is CB, so we need another full right back who goes forward
zata and mckee as midfields and quitongo as LB....
----------brennan/petti---------
??????---------carswell---mcmillan----quitongo
crawford---------neill-------??????-----??
-----------hutton-----------mckee-----------
-----------????--------------zata----
mccluskey--------scullion----------------???
???------------------layne-----------------????
----------------loy----------tierney-----------

but I dont think 22 players, as most 20.... so 2 more defenders and 2 wingersssss. what do you think?
Crawford is a natural right back who can cover at centre back, despite what was announced on the website.