Sons' sorrow

55 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Would that be the squad that had us flirting with relegation all season, nearly bottom at Christmas and just scraping sixth place?

I know what you mean BBPF but there are a number of us who are quite thankful to have a revised squad.

I also think there us a general lack of trust in Duffy's abilities to bring out the best in whatever players we end up with.

Although sixth was a massive disappointment after pre-season, our form post-January was good enough for second in the league. Now that's totally irrelevant of course, however if we'd kept the majority of that squad, found a decent DT replacement - and with a full season of Duffy at the helm I'd be very confident of a top four finish. As it is I'd be amazed if we finished sixth - despite a positive performance yesterday.

If we get Quitongo, McKee, Langan, a quality winger and a quality striker signed up before Saturday I might change my mind a wee bit though. Don't think that's too much to ask..Is it?

On 07/06/2019 at 17:07, virginton said:

Ruaridh Langan is another Morton reject who worked under Duffy, so I predict that he will be signing for you as well in the next few days. 

Bumpety bump.

I liked the look of him yesterday, I won't lie. Is he solely a centre-mid or can he play at the back as well? 

Bumpety bump.
I liked the look of him yesterday, I won't lie. Is he solely a centre-mid or can he play at the back as well? 
I'll be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed with him but would be willing to give him another shot on Tuesday. The only 2 trialists I was convinced with yesterday were Quitongo and McKee.

I'd be happy enough to see Langan, Crossan and the big guy up front get another run out on Tuesday to see if they can impress. I'll be hoping for someone different at centre half, it looks like it's an area we're really struggling in at the minute.

I'll be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed with him but would be willing to give him another shot on Tuesday. The only 2 trialists I was convinced with yesterday were Quitongo and McKee.

I'd be happy enough to see Langan, Crossan and the big guy up front get another run out on Tuesday to see if they can impress. I'll be hoping for someone different at centre half, it looks like it's an area we're really struggling in at the minute.
I thought the guy at number 4 looked alright. Bit short for a centre half, but was good positionally. I'd give him another run out for sure. With you on Quitongo and McKee, as well as the other three. There was a lot more promise than I was expecting

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How did Zata look? Seems like he's the only one certain to sign going by that article, but I worry from descriptions of him I've read previously that he's too similar to Carswell and Hutton. Perhaps he can play a couple of positions?

He tore Reynolds a new arse before a smart finish but thats all I remember really.

25 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Number 4 was Boris Kipeya-Bonno who seems to have played RB for Burgess Hill Town FC.

Not sure we need a right back. Would explain why many thought he was a bit small for a centre half, but with Crawford and McMillan able to play right back I'd rather we looked elsewhere.