Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
20 minutes ago, Sons FC said:
Home tie against St Mirren Colts or East Kilbride in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (trips off the tongue).

Us losing to either of those sides would be classic sons 2019/20 the way it's going

But a chance for Phree Money when the bookies price this all wrong.

1 hour ago, Sons FC said:

Home tie against St Mirren Colts or East Kilbride in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (trips off the tongue).

🤣 I thought you were at the wind up with that name.

Kill that competition with fire.

Couple of worrying statements from Jim in the reporter.

“Isaac’s got an injury at the moment so he’s not quite ready but I felt he always had something that I liked when I’ve seen him play and felt he was worth the risk." - What has he shown Duffy to make him rate him?

“There’s always an element of risk there, but I’m confident they’ve got ability and if we give them the right chance and put the right experience around them then we can compete.

“Morgyn Neill and Stefan McCluskey have experience at this level as well as obviously Kyle Hutton and Stuart Carswell, and Isaac Layne has been with Brechin as well." - Classing McCluskey, Neill and Layne as the RIGHT experience is concerning.

“There’s a variety of reasons that mean it hasn’t be possible - a fair amount of that is to do with finance and other clubs being able to offer better deals." - As expected, other similar sized clubs (and smaller) are able to offer better wages than us.  Not a Duffy issue but worrying in general. 

If we go down this season (and I fully expect us to right now), then the club could be almost finished.

17 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

“Isaac’s got an injury at the moment so he’s not quite ready but I felt he always had something that I liked when I’ve seen him play and felt he was worth the risk." - What has he shown Duffy to make him rate him?

“There’s always an element of risk there, but I’m confident they’ve got ability and if we give them the right chance and put the right experience around them then we can compete.

“Morgyn Neill and Stefan McCluskey have experience at this level as well as obviously Kyle Hutton and Stuart Carswell, and Isaac Layne has been with Brechin as well." - Classing McCluskey, Neill and Layne as the RIGHT experience is concerning.

“There’s a variety of reasons that mean it hasn’t be possible - a fair amount of that is to do with finance and other clubs being able to offer better deals." - As expected, other similar sized clubs (and smaller) are able to offer better wages than us.  Not a Duffy issue but worrying in general. 

If we go down this season (and I fully expect us to right now), then the club could be almost finished.

Hope Layne's on a pay per play deal then.

It concerns me that Duffy not only rates Layne but that he feels a crocked Layne is a gamble worth taking. He missed most of last season with a cruciate injury and he's pretty much the opposite of what I'd consider "worth the risk".

What does he mean by "we can compete"?

41 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

There wasn't even a paragraph about anything DFC in the Lennox Herald this week.

I'll need to switch newspaper allegiance again.

Apologies Jan Vojacek/Sof08

Just now, Silverton End said:

There wasn't even a paragraph about anything DFC in the Lennox Herald this week.

I'll need to switch newspaper allegiance again.

Apologies Jan Vojacek/Sof08

Heard unconfirmed reports that their leading sports reporter spent last week in Menorca and isn't back in the office til Monday.

Don't quote me on that though...