Sons' sorrow

No idea if you're saying that to move conversation on, or if there's some truth in it - but given your record with ITK info I'll run with it.
I'd be happy with that. He looked good against us for Airdrie last season, and I've been hoping we might chuck something his way since last summer. Compared to some of our other signings he's practically a marquee name too!
In you're current predicament, I'd agree that Kyle is a "marquee" signing if true.
I wouldn't have been displeased to see him stay at Airdrie, he gave his all and didn't hide too often, put himself about and chipped in with a good few goals.
He's a nice guy by all accounts and knows the way to the goal
I really hope he cracks on and becomes a fan favourite.

This is the first time in 30 years of following football that I have ever seen anyone argue against atmosphere and noise at games. Of course it had to be Dumbarton.

It is very sad if someone has a condition which means they cannot attend games. Presumably it rules out a number of activities and not just spectating at football. 

Nonetheless, Dumbarton should be doing absolutely everything it can as a club to encourage a bit of atmosphere and bring in new fans. Going to a Dumbarton home game is already one of the most depressing experiences in world football, sitting in our one stand with no atmosphere as we drop down the leagues. It won't be the football that encourages young football fans to come back.

If people consider crowd noise at a game to be a "racket" then they are watching the wrong sport. They are free to find something more suitable. By trying to please everyone we will end up pleasing no one, and I am on the side having a bit of atmosphere.

5 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The drum is clearly audible in Crosslet Road  on match days.

The violence though wasn't tolerated or encouraged by the club. The comparison is spurious. 

My estrangement and that of my daughter from the club is complete and permanent. That decision has been made much easier by the comments on here. One from a guy to whom I have been quite helpful to on a couple of occasions who thinks I'm being a "dick" . The ad hominem nature of the insults is disappointing but in the end, not surprising. I shouldn't have brought the issue up again.

Apologies.

Come on Wilf you are old enough not to be swayed by comments on an anonymous internet forum...surely!!

Our crowds average over 600 and you are listening and taking to heart the comments of two or three people. Ignore them (and the drum).

15 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I  find that I get a strong emotional response to the supporter who squeals like a stamped on puppy every time the opposition keeper takes a goal kick. Does this count as misophonia?

No, you're just normal.

Some of the reaction to HW on here has been OTT in my opinion.Maybe HE IS exaggerating but that is his prerogative.If he doesnt want to come back then fine that is his right.But as someone who has followed the club for many years i do not think he is deserving of a full on broadside.Just my opinion on his treatment not of the arguement perse.

3 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Misaphonia. Commonly suffered by those with Fibromyaligia and Chronic Fatigue.

Thats unfortunate.

No idea why your own medical issues have caused you to lash out at your club and deny them sponsorship money though.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats unfortunate.

No idea why your own medical issues have caused you to lash out at your club and deny them sponsorship money though.

I haven't lashed out at my club at all. If I am not going to attend matches then my sponsorship and hospitality attendance goes with that. I'm either involved or I'm not. Surely that's obvious?

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

I  find that I get a strong emotional response to the supporter who squeals like a stamped on puppy every time the opposition keeper takes a goal kick. Does this count as misophonia?

Not really Lionel. It lasts for a fraction of a second. It's more like premature ejaculation.

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I haven't lashed out at my club at all. If I am not going to attend matches then my sponsorship and hospitality attendance goes with that. I'm either involved or I'm not. Surely that's obvious?

I dont see why you cant still sponsor the club/players?

I know of St Johnstone fans who sponsor players/the club, despite not being able to attend due to living in other countries, purely because they still want to help the club they love financially. 

As I say, completely removing yourself from the club, and taking away financial support that will be a benefit to a club at Dumbartons level, because you wont see the benefits, seems fairly reactionary based on something the club cant do much about.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont see why you cant still sponsor the club/players?

I know of St Johnstone fans who sponsor players/the club, despite not being able to attend due to living in other countries, purely because they still want to help the club they love financially. 

As I say, completely removing yourself from the club, and taking away financial support that will be a benefit to a club at Dumbartons level, because you wont see the benefits, seems fairly reactionary based on something the club cant do much about.

If I lived in another country but otherwise able to attend matches without affecting my health I would continue sponsorship. As for something the club can't do anything about, I was assured by their head of security that drums were banned before buying my season ticket last year. They changed their mind. So have I.

30 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

If I lived in another country but otherwise able to attend matches without affecting my health I would continue sponsorship. As for something the club can't do anything about, I was assured by their head of security that drums were banned before buying my season ticket last year. They changed their mind. So have I.

If you moved to the middle of the stand would that still affect or less? Perhaps you dont want to sit there and would rather be nearer the 'HOME' goal.But im guessing from your last post that you feel conned by the club.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

And your dyslexia too it would seem. 

That is poor, Wilf. Especially from a man who showed in an earlier post that you can't spell fibromyalgia properly!! I think you should retract that sarcastic comment now - everyone arses up their spelling, especially when using a mobile.

52 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Not really Lionel. It lasts for a fraction of a second. It's more like premature ejaculation.

Aye, I know. I guess I just don't have a sense of humour.

I know how ardent a Sons fan you are and it's extremely disheartening to think that some sort of compromise or accommodation can't be achieved that would allow you and your daughter to continue to attend games. I sit about 20 seats along from where the drum is and while I'm not mad about it (I do think it's great that we have a band of enthusiastic young fans though and hopefully they can convert even more of their pals to come along), I can at least tolerate it. My daughter who is 24, finds it more annoying than I do, so it's not exclusively  grumpy old man syndrome kicking in. I can't remember, because I'm never along at that end, but is the section where the PA announcements are made from screened off behind glass? If it is, would it be possible for you to watch games from there (assuming that it provided sufficient sound proofing to counteract the noise of the drum)?