Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Quick Question regards SonsTV.

How soon after games do they get the highlights up? Also, do they always give the result away in the blurb beside the video?

I might try and follow Dumbarton remotely this year. Trying to pic a team in each league to follow. 

A fine choice 😎

SonsTV is usually up on or before a Sunday. Have a look at Page 2 of this League 1 Forum and the  "League 1 highlights thread" & judge for yourself.

The earliest highlights can be posted is after midnight on the day of the game.

20 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

How soon after games do they get the highlights up? Also, do they always give the result away in the blurb beside the video?

I might try and follow Dumbarton remotely this year. Trying to pic a team in each league to follow. 

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

A fine choice 😎

SonsTV is usually up on or before a Sunday. Have a look at Page 2 of this League 1 Forum and the  "League 1 highlights thread" & judge for yourself.

25 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

A fine choice 😎

And they don't give the result away,  no, but if you assume that DFC have lost, you won't be far wrong.

Cheers guys for the responses. 

I'll be honest with the whole thing. I've seen Dumbarton a few times as a kid (my Dad is from Dumbarton). My first ever football match was East Stirlingshire vs Dumbarton which I can remember hee haw of. 

I live over in Montreal now and absolutely hate the MLS and the English league. I'm totally disillusioned with football and would rather pick a few Scottish clubs to keep an eye on through the next season and watch the highlights of and hopefully interact online with the fanbase on forums etc. I wanted to pick a team in each division and basically picked Dumbarton due to my old man and myself once having an epic Dumbarton team on Championship manager. I also love the badge and the stadium due to the rock.

So I'm about a plastic as a fan as it gets. But I'd rather buy a scarf and a jersey of a team in Scotland to keep money in the Scottish game than put a penny into MLS which is what I'm stuck with here.

Obviously I'm opening myself up here for a right slagging but my intentions are good enough. I've always loved the Scottish game and the pish that goes around it. Fanzines, boozers and the buses etc. 
If anyone had any advice on brushing up on all things Dumbarton please let us know. On the look out for fanzines, forums, podcasts (dunno if there is one) or any other fan related stuff regards the club.  

Edited by montreal_exile

1 minute ago, montreal_exile said:

I'll be honest with the whole thing. I've seen Dumbarton a few times as a kid (my Dad is from Dumbarton). My first ever football match was East Stirlingshire vs Dumberton which I can remember hee haw of. 

I live over in Montreal now and absolutely hate the MLS and the English league. I'm totally disillusioned with football and would rather pick a few Scottish clubs to keep an eye on through the next season and watch the highlights of and hopefully interact online with the fanbase on forums etc. I wanted to pick a team in each division and basically picked Dumberton due to my old man and myself once having an epic Dumbarton team on Championship manager. I also love the badge and the stadium due to the rock.

So I'm about a plastic as a fan as it gets. But I'd rather buy a scarf and a jersey of a team in Scotland to keep money in the Scottish game than put a penny into MLS which is what I'm stuck with here.

Obviously I'm opening myself up here for a right slagging but my intentions are good enough. I've always loved the Scottish game and the pish that goes around it. Fanzines, boozers and the buses etc. 
If anyone had any advice on brushing up on all things Dumbarton please let us know. On the look out for fanzines, forums, podcasts (dunno if there is one) or any other fan related stuff regards the club.  

Dumbarton FC it is then, family links, you know it makes sense

Check out the excellent sonsarchive.com

5 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

I'll be honest with the whole thing. I've seen Dumbarton a few times as a kid (my Dad is from Dumbarton). My first ever football match was East Stirlingshire vs Dumberton which I can remember hee haw of. 

I live over in Montreal now and absolutely hate the MLS and the English league. I'm totally disillusioned with football and would rather pick a few Scottish clubs to keep an eye on through the next season and watch the highlights of and hopefully interact online with the fanbase on forums etc. I wanted to pick a team in each division and basically picked Dumberton due to my old man and myself once having an epic Dumbarton team on Championship manager. I also love the badge and the stadium due to the rock.

You won't be a fan of the CPL either :lol:

6 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Welcome. I hope you like misery and self deprecation, because we fucking love it in here.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

You won't be a fan of the CPL either :lol:

Jesus wept man. Absolute weapons the lot of them.

Thanks for the sons archive website. Looks good. Any other fan media out there?

Just so I don't look two face (or 3 faced as it would be). I'm doing the same for a club in the championship and in league two.  So If you see me looking around for Stirling Albion highlights you'll know my story. 

3 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Jesus wept man. Absolute weapons the lot of them.

Thanks for the sons archive website. Looks good. Any other fan media out there?

Just so I don't look two face (or 3 faced as it would be). I'm doing the same for a club in the championship and in league two.  So If you see me looking around for Stirling Albion highlights you'll know my story. 

The usual twitter, facebook (lunatic fringe and social misfits) the DFC official website & obviously here.

Enjoy