Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So the team finishing 8th in League 1, with higher crowds than most ofnl the division below, all of a sudden have an arse end of League 2 budget?

I fully appreciate the financial hit vs Championship prize money but it isn't to the extent of the players Duffy is choosing to sign.

Also, lets not forget what our Chairman claimed the aim was for the season ahead. I expect far, far better than what we're producing at the minute.

I agree, just don't think the funds are there though this season. Relegation was disastrous for us & Aitken being kept on & allowed to sign crocks on decent money has really bit hard.

Jason Marr and Grant Dickie have both played under Duffy before, in the same team actually, so like McCluskey he knows who they are. Not convinced they'll be up to this level though.
As long as it's not Gary Dickie, although the way things are shaping up, anything's possible.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aitken didn't overspend his budget so that has nothing to do with it. Last years signings shouldn't have any impact on this season's budget, other than Rory Loy who is contracted for this season as well.

There is no money, this seems to be quite apparent.

Optimistic's naughty screenshot of a private message maybe helps confirm this, possibly about an unpaid bill for plugging the leaking roof or jet washing the pigeon shit off seats.

The reality of relegation and a serious loss in prize monies/revenue is key, along with people not wanting to pay to watch pish football.

You're probably as well writing to John 'balls of' Steele and asking him tbh , I'm off to catch the last 30 minutes of Springwatch from the Cairngorms on BBC 2.

The thing I don’t understand is, why would Duffy stay on if the budget is really as bad as it looks?

I doubt he needs the money so badly with his punditry and columns that he couldn’t have been out of work for a few months.

He could’ve easily walked away with his reputation in tact after doing a solid job keeping us up. Plenty of jobs will open up after the first quarter of the season that he could’ve walked into.

Doesn’t add up.

The thing I don’t understand is, why would Duffy stay on if the budget is really as bad as it looks?

I doubt he needs the money so badly with his punditry and columns that he couldn’t have been out of work for a few months.

He could’ve easily walked away with his reputation in tact after doing a solid job keeping us up. Plenty of jobs will open up after the first quarter of the season that he could’ve walked into.

Doesn’t add up.

Agreed. He doesn’t know what the ‘going rate’ for a decent part time player imo. Only way I’m happy keeping up this record of budget signings is if we announce a strong 11 including boab Thomson and a few other Morton rejects.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I always thought he was when he played against us, but he was by and large awful last season. Jumped out of tackles, looked to really struggle with his mobility and was absolutely horrific in front of goal. He looked like a guy who was absolutely hating his football.

This clip probably sums up his time with us...

Oh FFS 

I doubt we will ever find out the truth about the budget. We can speculate as much as we like but we will never know...

But instead of being excited by signing news, i now find myself scared to look at what clown we have offered peanuts to, to play for us next season.

What is that and who is Brendan?

I have no idea what that first paragraph is referring to.

Didn’t our groundsman allude to not being able to buy/rent equipment to help drainage of the park earlier in the season but the club refused.
I know he posts on here and might be able to enlighten us.
By the sounds of it, there are a pack of wolves at the door that the club is struggling to keep away. No easy answer.

Agreed. He doesn’t know what the ‘going rate’ for a decent part time player imo. Only way I’m happy keeping up this record of budget signings is if we announce a strong 11 including boab Thomson and a few other Morton rejects.
I think Robert Thomson is signing for Alloa.

Another thing...

Where is the social media mouthpiece who was all over the place when we where questioning what was going on with Duffy and the lack of information we were getting from the club.

Wonder what his spin would be on us signing a registered sex offender ??

By the sounds of it, there are a pack of wolves at the door that the club is struggling to keep away. No easy answer.

That makes it sound like the club is unable to pay bills we owe or something. One daft message, that was posted on here with absolutely zero context, doesn't mean we have "a pack of wolves at the door". If the budget is as low as folk are making out then it sounds like we are cutting our cloth accordingly. I've certainly not seen any evidence of people chasing us for money.

I'm still waiting on optimistic telling us what it is or what it is in reference to. If it is in response the groundsman asking for money to do stuff to the pitch, or something along those lines, it's an absolute non event. I'd rather that money was put towards a playing budget.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Wait... surely you’re not signing Paton? That would top Isaac Layne.

A few weeks back a Raith fan mentioned Harry Paton of Ross County as being someone McGlynn spoke favourably of. Might be him.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:
2 hours ago, David W said:
Jason Marr and Grant Dickie have both played under Duffy before, in the same team actually, so like McCluskey he knows who they are. Not convinced they'll be up to this level though.

As long as it's not Gary Dickie, although the way things are shaping up, anything's possible.

Will people stop mentioning Gary Dickie and Pat Cairney. You are destroying thirty years of therapy.

Another thing...

Where is the social media mouthpiece who was all over the place when we where questioning what was going on with Duffy and the lack of information we were getting from the club.

Wonder what his spin would be on us signing a registered sex offender ??
For a start that tone is out of order for a guy who works his socks off on behalf of this club, and on a voluntary basis. Targeting the good guys shows how little you know about the situation at DFC.

Secondly, I'd be very careful to check the accuracy of your closing sentence, as that is potentially dangerous territory.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

A few weeks back a Raith fan mentioned Harry Paton of Ross County as being someone McGlynn spoke favourably of. Might be him.

That would make a lot more sense. Michael Paton is completely finished.