Sons' sorrow

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I’m sorry but how do you go from paying half of Dom Thomas £1200 a week wages to signing absolute shite like Issac Layne. Wtf has actually happened

Quite easily. We were not paying 600 quid a week for Dom Thomas you absolute mad man :lol: 

I'm trying to refrain from saying negative stuff about our signings but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed at Layne coming in. Absolute proven jobber who sounds like a terrible person.

It's not a statement, it's a private message.

The first paragraph is clearly in reference to something (some sort of job someone is wanting to do?) and without knowing what that is it means absolutely nothing.

Whilst mindful of what Optimistic has said, may I suggest that Brendan was pointing out some deficiencies he was having to deal with at the stadium on match days. Perhaps catering ?

The candid reply is the real concern though. We all need to buy a Lotto ticket and cross our fingers.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

11th club of his career at the age of 24...

I'm all for giving players a chance, but this really looks like a howler of a signing.

When Froxy signed he was 24 and we were his ninth club if that makes you feel any better

1 hour ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Whilst mindful of what Optimistic has said, may I suggest that Brendan was pointing out some deficiencies he was having to deal with at the stadium on match days. Perhaps catering ?

The candid reply is the real concern though. We all need to buy a Lotto ticket and cross our fingers.

Wonder how much the 'basic job' was costing?

I don't think we can just assume it's to do with catering. Unless optimistic educates as to what it relates to we have absolutely no idea what it is or whether it's bad or not.

Not that it should be getting shared on here considering it appears to be from a private conversation between John Steele and someone/'Brendan'.

If it makes you feel any better, Isaac Layne was a key component of my Dumbarton side who got promoted from League One in FM. 

If it follows that, you'll sell him after a year and bring in Bruce Anderson.