Sons' sorrow

Im really trying to stay positive about this up coming season.

To be fair the way things are going i would be happy to finish mid table again.
But signing a guy who’s been at 11 clubs and is only 24 is pretty disheartening.

Slightly worrying.

46 minutes ago, microdave said:

By consistently winning games which is the one thing that's guaranteed to swell crowd sizes. Easier said than done though.

That is what I was getting at.  Bringing in lower standard of players is decreasing the chances of that happening.

49 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Why have we just signed Isaac Layne?

We're 100% going down.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4066

Give him a chance is all i can say.....Jim Lister was injury prone ,  shite and 30 when we signed him and look how that went.I have faith in JD that he knows what hes doing.The guy is only 24 and if he gets a good preseason you never know.At the end of the day we cant sign players who dont want to be there like Mango and CG.Remember JD style wont suit everyone and when part time many players are looking at easier travel etc which is why Mango will end up at Cowden...not much to do with wages at this level. CB signing up is good  now if we can get Carsy....

What has happened in a year for the budget to apparently be slashed that much that this is what we are resorting to?  If the budget was this poor, and Duffy knew he had to turn to diddies and junior players then there is no way he would have stayed on.  I wouldn't have.  

I think he has underestimated how much players cost at part time level and he has missed out on players he would have liked because he is giving them shite offers.

Still time to get good players in but right now it is very much panic buying any free agents.

Brennan had a good game against Arbroath on the final day so I’m happy enough to see him back. Him or Pettigrew being our number 1 though I’m not sold - will need to wait and see.

I like the idea of having a strong target man striker to change things up but Layne doesn’t fill me with much confidence. I’d rather we didn’t bother with sex pests and their like if at all possible too.