Sons' sorrow

Ally Roy and Callum Gallagher any good?
Gallagher is a hard working player who will score if chances are made for him. If you play him as a winger you'll be disappointed...he can't beat his man

As for ally Roy.....tbh..i can't really remember him that well...he is probably most remembered for a guy on here called rangeman who may or may not be related to him

I mean we knew it was happening anyway, but losing Gallagher on top of the other guys we've lost really is a blow.

If we get in someone like Berba then that'll soften it, but otherwise I'm now creeping towards being worried...

As much as Duffy had confirmed Gallagher was offski I'm still disappointed to see him go, particularly to a League 1 rival. I'm looking at Duffy to convince these guys to stay with us and he clearly hasn't managed that. I think it's harsh to say Gallagher was only any good due to Dom Thomas, his goals to starts ratio was fairly good, he worked hard and had an eye for goal, the type of guy who would be a nuisance to defend against. Was he naturally gifted? absolutely not, but we were far better with him in the team than without.

If we're being brutally honest, Duffy's initial signings, on paper, don't look very good. He now has a huge job on his hands trying to replace last year's good eggs and it's going to take far, far more than plucking randoms from the juniors or signing guys from the exit trials. There's still a long way to go in the window but we need some decent signings fairly soonish if we want to shift season tickets. No amount of blind positivity from the Facebook masses will change the fact that business so far has been poor.

I know the argument of 'we signed well known players last season and look how that panned out' will be used but well known players weren't our issue, it was the fact those well known players were part of an imbalanced, injury ravaged squad that was the issue.

We need some quality in the ranks and the sooner that happens the better.

I still think we are being a bit slow. Maybe it's not by lack of trying behind the scenes but other teams in the league seem a long way ahead of us in terms of squad building. Airdrie seem to be assembling a decent squad, Raith and Falkirk will fancy their chances. The other squads seem to be coming together and we have signed 5? Junior/lowland league players alongside the lesser spotted Rory Loy. Dont think even the most positive Facebook weirdo can argue that things are looking good. I'm happy to give Jim the benefit if the doubt just now but I cant help but feel a bit worried. If we are crippled and stumped due to the budget then so be it, just come out and tell us.

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Craig Barr signing for Cowdenbeath emoji50.png

Alarm bells are well & truly ringing if that's true. He's had issues with injuries obviously, but along with Boaby going to the Lowland League, Forbes, Gallacher etc leaving we must be offering/paying peanuts (wi the shells on) :o

I still think we are being a bit slow. Maybe it's not by lack of trying behind the scenes but other teams in the league seem a long way ahead of us in terms of squad building. Airdrie seem to be assembling a decent squad, Raith and Falkirk will fancy their chances. The other squads seem to be coming together and we have signed 5? Junior/lowland league players alongside the lesser spotted Rory Loy. Dont think even the most positive Facebook weirdo can argue that things are looking good. I'm happy to give Jim the benefit if the doubt just now but I cant help but feel a bit worried. If we are crippled and stumped due to the budget then so be it, just come out and tell us.

I think the problem with your last sentence is that whilst it may be candidly honest it hardly represents an enticing recruitment policy. But it may now not matter anyway as football is like any other workplace, and word soon gets round.

If that word is that we are cash-strapped then the Manager's task becomes very difficult indeed, and willing young wannabes with perhaps 2 or 3 experienced players becomes the only show in town.
Living beyond our means has ceased to be an option, especially since that policy has landed us with the current shitshow.

It might not be pretty but if we can balance the books and stabilise the club then that may be the immediate ambition for now.

29 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Alarm bells are well & truly ringing if that's true. He's had issues with injuries obviously, but along with Boaby going to the Lowland League, Forbes, Gallacher etc leaving we must be offering/paying peanuts (wi the shells on) :o

I'm pretty sure I heard him say that he wasn't enjoying the travelling to get to our training, so I expected him to fetch up somewhere nearer to Edinburgh, but I wouldn't have guessed Cowdenbeath.

16 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I'm pretty sure I heard him say that he wasn't enjoying the travelling to get to our training, so I expected him to fetch up somewhere nearer to Edinburgh, but I wouldn't have guessed Cowdenbeath.

Fair doos. Still worrying that Cowden are a better option than us.

We still train at Benburb just off the M8? I can remember seeing us training in Levengrove Park and using piles of tracksuits as goals :lol:

Just now, FifeSons said:

Seems like everyone other than us has limitless cash to through around.

I wouldn't say that limitless cash is being thrown around by other clubs.

We need an investor, easier said than done though, a few clubs have  local businessmen involved with a bit of disposable income, just look at the Lowland League, Kelty Hearts even East Stirlingshire are signing players from our level.

Think I'll write to Neil Rankine & beg him to buy out BrabCo :P

I wouldn't say that limitless cash is being thrown around by other clubs.
We need an investor, easier said than done though, a few clubs have  local businessmen involved with a bit of disposable income, just look at the Lowland League, Kelty Hearts even East Stirlingshire are signing players from our level.
Think I'll write to Neil Rankine & beg him to buy out BrabCo [emoji14]
I think you'll find that Neil Rankine is already very well aware of what's happening at DFC.