Sons' sorrow

28 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Feel like pure shit just want Paul McGinn, Chris Kane, Jamie Lindsay, Bryan Prunty, Danny Rodgers, Andy Graham, Chris Turner, Scott Taggart, Stuart Findlay and Joe Thomson back.

And ah bag ah cans

Cant say any of the signings have got me too excited so far. Hopefully we are going down the young, hungry route and we give these guys a good platform to showcase their talents. If it works brilliant, if not then we could be in trouble

At this rate mind you we will get at least double the number of players Aitken had which is a positive at least seeing as we may have some competition for places and actually be able to fill a bench!

Some of our rivals seem quick to point out the shortcomings of the youngsters we've signed today, but they and some of our own fans should realise that far from Jim Duffy assembling his squad of choice, this is simply a recognition of the current financial realities at Dumbarton FC.
These lads and the others to come will get my full backing, but I think expectations should be kept realistic for this season and maybe beyond.

Feel like pure shit just want Paul McGinn, Chris Kane, Jamie Lindsay, Bryan Prunty, Danny Rodgers, Andy Graham, Chris Turner, Scott Taggart, Stuart Findlay and Joe Thomson back.
Ian Murray and a tardis would also be welcome.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

I feel we should simply go for the unusual names...Mati Zata, Yaw Osei &  Scott Reekie, in ye come

I signed Scott Reekie for my Championship Gretna outfit from Dumbarton on FM. He was very solid if that’s anything to go by.

Which it isn’t.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I signed Scott Reekie for my Championship Gretna outfit from Dumbarton on FM. He was very solid if that’s anything to go by.

Which it isn’t.

Has the same initials as Sergio Ramos, if that's anything to go by...

Conor Scullion is #10 for Cumbernauld United here. Scores a pretty fortunate looking penalty, but then adds a really nicely worked third. Looks like he could have a bit of spark about him...if that doesn't sound too cliched.

12 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I feel we should simply go for the unusual names...Mati Zata, Yaw Osei &  Scott Reekie, in ye come

Is that Scott Reekie (Junior)? His father played with Edinburgh City: Auld Reekie.

Edited by Mister Boggers

45 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who are you?

How do we know you aren't going to pocket the cash?

Seems like a scam IMHO.

This is all shaping up to be a surreal experience this coming season, Falkirk crowdwank, Clyde, seething Fifers, Gnomes & Duffball recruiting unknown quantities.

And we've  still not seen the new strip yet. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who are you?

Seems like a scam IMHO.

Dunno, but he registered just a few minutes after @Old Scrotum was last logged in.

If he starts dropping gratuitous mentions of pubs or alcohol into his posts, then we'll have a winner.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who are you?

Seems like a scam IMHO.

Promise you it is no scam. I'll be at the pre-season games so you can ask all the questions you wish. I have a bank account and can bring along statements so you can see that the cash is going in. (There is some in there already.) If someone wants to be a counter-signatory on the account please let me know.

The "Hike" monies will all be recorded on dedicated sheets. On reaching Greenock anyone wanting to check the totals with cash-in-hand and earlier deposits (pre-walk and Port Glasgow  (I'll make sure I have separate receipts just for the "Hike") can do so.

My human contacted Tommy H. to see if I could be I designated the "offeshul" Sons Trust Charity Gnome but as he's not on the committee he couldn't make that decision. (The human also e-mailed Alan F.  but he appears to be on holiday.)

BBPF: Please PM me if you want any further doubts settled.

Or, if anyone is around Helensburgh / Dumbarton this weekend why don't we meet up? (It's only £1 to the fund to have your picture taken with me!)

The following photos prove nothing I know, but they do show that I'm serious about this.

(Another idea is to raffle off my 'dedicated car-parking spot' at the stadium for the season. It came as part of my Premier Club Membership but is no use to me as my feet don't reach the pedals of human cars.)

Trust me - I'm a gnome.

Cheque.jpg

giro.jpg

Should add that the decision to also raise for the M.S. Society was made on Robbi D's suggestion. (The only other one I got was 'Mary's Meals' which I'm sure would prove irresistible to the folks in Peterhead.)

Have other fund-raising ideas but I'll work on those as the season progresses.

Any commercial sponsors? A small donation gets your company listed on the top (pinned) page of my blog. (Also looking for a commercial sponsor for the "Hike", with your logo displayed in all the photographs to ensure I'm not cheating.)