Sons' sorrow

In all seriousness... I'm not close to panic mode just yet. Duffy has plenty of time to get the players he needs in and I'm sure he has a good few in mind.

I can absolutely believe that the squad over the last year or 2 have been overpaid as it seems like an Aitken thing to do.

Respect to Duffy for sorting that out which should help the club in the long run financially.

20 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Did he play CH with you guy’s?
He struggled at full back with us initially but since Lennon put him into Central defence he has been outstanding.

Only question is why it took Danny so long to play him in his natural position knowing his background.

Look how good Ranks was in his natural midfield role- was played at LB a couple of times and was poor.

lang is and always has been a CB and struggled at times at RB as it’s alien to all the coaching he’s had since childhood. He did it because he was asked to and like most young and keen footballers he wanted first team inclusion.

The stats on goals conceded while he and Rumsby were in partnership are impressive and only 1 goal conceded in 4 play off matches.

how long into the close season and we haven't  had a favourite strip discussion : ')  for some light relief the new AIK away strip borrows alot from the sons. 

aik-away-header.ashx?h=960%26w=1920%26la=en%26hash=67DFCD764CA02DCC1AD7890FEE69B3C92251ACC8&key=f6ca04f02a2155ba27f09b938920c746e76e17a5f2f87b19a67aa5ad17c6e470

aik-away-1.ashx?h=960%26w=1080%26la=en%26hash=8B5BECD7585ECB74EE6E73D94110CB9829CC3794&key=996d0a6eb45d7a63f35f7ee090e9d40f62e65228e6e152a06ecb112246bb25a7

That is simple and smart as f**k.

Only thing, the yellow band should to be gold for us but as a design, that’s lovely.

Edit: see post below too

That’s smart.
If we’re going to move away from the traditional across the chest bands then how about the bands being vertical a la old Hearts and Ajax, with the badge on left breast or in middle of the chest ?
I’m thinking a broad gold band bordered by narrower black bands.
Maybe one of the youngsters on here could conjure that up and post it in here ?

Ideas for a new kit were mentioned a wee while ago and The Far Post confirmed that it was in hand.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyone else concerned that the road works in Glasgow Road might affect the squad building. Naw ? Fair enough.

May be we can get new additions a job with the company doing the work?

We get new players, work gets done quicker. Win win.

Nice tribute to Gordon Lennon in this week's local rag, 10 yrs this week since he died.
Good work SonsteamOf08

20190603_220222.thumb.jpg.f263a9f9d4b978e8b0cf7cf4d09d20eb.jpg

Cheers. Watching back the old SonsTV interview that the opening quote comes from was seriously tough. I don’t think at the time I fully appreciated how tragic it was, but reading through the old clippings and watching that made it really hit home.

Incredible that it’s been a decade now.