Sons' sorrow

What is actually wrong with Loy? If he comes back and is strong he could be the key to us challenging for a  promotion playoff spot. 
Apparently a back injury which can't get fixed. Would have thought that if he can't get himself fit he would be reasonable enough to deal with given he's already taken a seasons wage for not very much action.

18 minutes ago, albundy said:
25 minutes ago, the snudge said:
What is actually wrong with Loy? If he comes back and is strong he could be the key to us challenging for a  promotion playoff spot. 

Apparently a back injury which can't get fixed. Would have thought that if he can't get himself fit he would be reasonable enough to deal with given he's already taken a seasons wage for not very much action.

Would i be wrong in thinking insurance might kick in to help the club or the player.?

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye seen him a couple of weeks ago in their cup final with BSC. He's still the same and still has the same Asda bag really is a bag for life think he's been taking it to games for the last 20 years:lol:

Mad Bill invented the bag for life...

IMG_5066.thumb.jpg.68e24596e62f783c102a24b7d796ca05.jpgsurely there can’t be any truth to this, surely the players would ask Duffy or a member of the club before leaving??
The players were offered contracts after Duffy got his budget.

We normally get that sort of info on the OS every year so I've no idea why we haven't this year. Boris apparently didn't show up for the last game of the season but wasn't on the released list so no one has any clue if he's been offered a contract, that's before you take into consideration the fact he's absolutely nowhere near good enough.

I’d like to see that too, but we were stupid enough to give him the two year deal on insane money. He’ll be banking on that income to pay bills and a mortgage, it’s not that easy for him to just walk away from that. It’s not like he’s a Jack Rodwell who has already earned millions and is just being greedy.
If I was Loy I’d sit in the stands and take the money.

I agree if i was Loy and i was injured i would sit in the stands and take the money. Its sad to say but we probably in our heads know we would be doing the same.

Does he not work for C&G ? Im sure they wont be handing out a small wage either.?

Heard that he is getting fit for the start of the season but only time will tell on that one i suppose.

Article from today's Sunday Post. Little bit out of date given the news about Bobby Barr yesterday, but Duffy appears to confirm that the SeaGal is away.

20190602_134653.thumb.jpg.5d3333deab76d607e29b6b7984431f4a.jpg

Edit: Not sure if this means Boris, Beany and Brennan are away too?

Edited by Jan Vojáček

On 01/06/2019 at 23:07, D'Jaffo said:

Then I remember he’s a pretty pathetic wee guy who thinks he’s far better than he actually is.

He really doesn't. Bobby's well aware of his level, which is why he ends up fighting with fans of the club he's playing for. Fans expect him to cross in Andy Robertson-esque balls every week and if he could do that he wouldn't have been playing league 1. Bobby knows that and is quite honest about his level IMO. I haven't seen any "billy big baws" type stuff from him.

Anyway, I heard last year when Duffy came in that he felt the squad were overpaid. It's become clear that he was happy to have some of them sign on this season for reduced wages, the reduced wages have clearly not been acceptable for just about all of them. That said, I hope we keep Carswell. He seems similar to Jazza in that he enjoys playing for us and he seems a well liked guy, the fact he's been our best defensive mid for two years and current Player of the Year means he should be a priority IMO. Happy for the rest to be new, I think we need to let Duffy do his thing before we start questioning what he's doing.

48 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see from the Clyde thread that Chris Johnston has rolled up at Broadwood, and Tom Lang has full-time offers - Jesus !!

Ourselves, Morton and Airdrie have been linked with Lang.

I always thought Lang had something about him. For a young guy he played in the Championship for us with absolutely no fear. Compare that to Aidan Wilson who looked absolutely rattled after 5 minutes on the pitch for us. Inexperience was obviously an issue but I would’ve been quite happy for him to stay as a relatively cheap and young back up player - especially since Aitken loved signing old / injury prone CBs.

He’s a model too so the sex appeal would’ve tripled season ticket sales.