Sons' sorrow

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Christ. Is Duffy dishing out absolute peanuts deals or something?

Tbf, I’d expect Airdrie to comfortably be able to offer better wages than us. I wouldn’t be surprised if the only teams with similar budgets to ours were Stranraer and East Fife.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems like a massive rebuild this summer for you guys with Forbes, Thomas, Ballantyne and Gallacher all leaving.

I'd love Dunfermline to bring in the ST idea though. Are the club organising this themselves or is another company involved?

Think it's a DFC/Supporters Trust joint effort. Listened to the fans, fair play to them.

I was being patient, thinking you know what ‘Good things come to those who wait’ and #PITK.

This has all gone out of the window now. Forbes ffs! SeaGal ffs!

And nobody’s even had the manners to take Hutton with them.

I can’t emphasise how important it is that we get Carswell signed up now. It’s a huge rebuilding job and I hope Duffy has a miracle up his sleeve because right now telling fans we’re going for promotion looks like blatant lying.

11 hours ago, RGD89 said:

Shite ? That’s a bit harsh.

Look at Boris runs about at 100mph all over the place. Delivered nothing.

Forbes... slow and maybe a bit podgy, 14 goals 8 assist. I know who I would rather have.

When you look at it like that then your comment is a tad unfair.

I was joking, I had just singled him out for praise about an hour before we got the news he was away.

Tbf, I’d expect Airdrie to comfortably be able to offer better wages than us. I wouldn’t be surprised if the only teams with similar budgets to ours were Stranraer and East Fife.

Given East Fife have added Wallace, Duggan and Murdoch I’d fancy them to have a decent enough budget this year. Remember also that Duffy only said he would stick around if he had “a budget to compete” - so I don’t think he’d have stayed if we could only offer pennies.

Part of me is saying that we have to trust him. He’s been at this a long time and, punting Spencer aside, I really can’t fault him at all. The other part of me is screaming, crying and generally an absolute mess.

Remember also that Duffy only said he would stick around if he had “a budget to compete” - so I don’t think he’d have stayed if we could only offer pennies.

This is what I don't get. Duffy has been very, very public about the fact he's only going to stay if he gets a budget that allows him to challenge (I assume that means a promotion playoff budget). The chairman has put out a statement saying our aim is to make the top 4 and our board spent weeks trying to cobble together a budget Duffy was happy with. I'd be pretty astounded if Duffy decided to stay with a peanuts budget to work with.

I'm not expecting us to start signing superstars but at the same time I don't really expect us to start losing all our better players to teams around us.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Given East Fife have added Wallace, Duggan and Murdoch I’d fancy them to have a decent enough budget this year. Remember also that Duffy only said he would stick around if he had “a budget to compete” - so I don’t think he’d have stayed if we could only offer pennies.

Part of me is saying that we have to trust him. He’s been at this a long time and, punting Spencer aside, I really can’t fault him at all. The other part of me is screaming, crying and generally an absolute mess.

I agree that we won’t be offering pennies, otherwise Duffy clearly wouldn’t have stayed. I do however think that when you look at how well backed most of the other teams in the league are, that it wouldn’t be surprising if we have a slightly smaller budget than most.

We possibly offered Forbes a decent enough deal, but couldn’t match the 2 years on offer at Forfar. 

It’s a waiting game, really. I do think with Duffy at the helm we have a decent chance next season though.

I’m sure the klaxon will be out in no time at all. Confident that duffy has got plans for players to bring in.

Considering we’ve let half our squad leave to teams in around us.

Part of me wants to be all positive cos last time i tore into the club/board pulled a blinder with the season ticket offer.
The other half of me bricking it in case we have a start to the season like last season with 1 or 2 bodies on the bench.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Ive decided a positive outlook is the only way to get through this closed season without having a break down [emoji23][emoji23]

3 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

I’m sure the klaxon will be out in no time at all. Confident that duffy has got plans for players to bring in.

Considering we’ve let half our squad leave to teams in around us.

Part of me wants to be all positive cos last time i tore into the club/board pulled a blinder with the season ticket offer.
The other half of me bricking it in case we have a start to the season like last season with 1 or 2 bodies on the bench.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Ive decided a positive outlook is the only way to get through this closed season without having a break down emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Tear into them again. They might start giving out free pints next.

Edited by FifeSons

Guys, bit off topic here but hopefully someone can help. I have a mate who works with Show Racism the Red Card and is looking for a contact at Dumbarton who he can chat too regarding it. Who would be the best person for him to get in contact with?