Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, albundy said:
11 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:
Thinking of becoming Jan Vojacek. Any objections from the floor?
By the way I was recording a podcast for the Daily Record as the news dropped...so you'll be able to hear my actual reaction at some point in the not too distant future.
There may have been tears.

I'm sure Jim will find you a replacement.

He could always tempt Bryan Prunty out of retirement I suppose.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Disappointed to lose Forbes, his delivery and set pieces are an asset to any side in this league. A lot of work to replace him IMO.

Totally agree. You're possibly looking at 7/8 goals from his dead ball deliveries a season alone.

15 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

He could always tempt Bryan Prunty out of retirement I suppose.

Totally agree. You're possibly looking at 7/8 goals from his dead ball deliveries a season alone.

Pretty much every goal from outside the box came from him and Thomas. Both gone, so who now for such goals?

Brabco sound like the dodgiest company ever. Like some sort of shell corporation for money laundering.
I'd rather we were owned by Wolf Cola than them tbh.
Owned by a company registered in Belize according to the accounts. Sounds about as reassuring as the balance sheet...

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sincere thanks for his efforts and magic moments this season but you know what ?  My heart will go on....

Agreed. Gave us some grand goals and still takes a nice set-piece. Disappeared out of games far too often for my liking though and just looks too slow for this level nowadays. Time will tell.

Was talking the Duffy turnaround on a new Daily Record Lower League podcast today, but you can have a giggle at my reaction to the news about Forbes as it broke here :lol: Also guaranteed Stranraer's survival next season, and cursed Falkirk...

https://play.acast.com/s/thebackpage/jimgoodwinanddundeearetherightfit-dumbartoninfocus-jimduffyistheirbestsigningofthesummer-clydesrevival-thebullyweearebackafterneardecadeinthewilderness

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 hours ago, RockMusic said:
Pretty much every goal from outside the box came from him and Thomas. Both gone, so who now for such goals?

There were plenty before them and there will be plenty after them. Duffy will obviously be seeking suitable replacements.

Sorry for not sharing your optimism, although I do hope to be proven wrong come the season.

Sorry for not sharing your optimism, although I do hope to be proven wrong come the season.
I'm far from optimistic. The manager situation may be sorted but we have no players signed up, no idea who has been offered a contract (have we really offered Boris and Russell a deal?) and we haven't even had a sniff of a rumour. It's still early doors so there's plenty of time for my optimism levels to rise.

That being said Dom Thomas was never going to be replaced with anyone as good. He was far, far too good for this level and we were very fortunate he ended up here so I'm not going to worry about that. Our main issue was an imbalanced squad with an immobile midfield, a weak as piss defence and a lack of pace. Whilst Forbes had a good season with plenty of goals and assists he also contributed to the slow, immobile midfield. As I said before, he would've been the last of the slow, immobile midfielders I'd have gotten rid of but it frees up a decent wage to allow us to build a more balanced squad than Aitken built. As good as Forbes was he spent many a game missing as well.

His goals and assists will be hard to replace but I don't think the season will be a write off because he's left. I'd be happy to see those goals and assists spread more evenly between 4 or 5 midfielders who also work better as a unit.

He was shite, never moved enough........... [emoji20]

Shite ? That’s a bit harsh.

Look at Boris runs about at 100mph all over the place. Delivered nothing.

Forbes... slow and maybe a bit podgy, 14 goals 8 assist. I know who I would rather have.

When you look at it like that then your comment is a tad unfair.

Can only echo what others have said. Forbes on paper had reasonable stats but he also turned in some of the worst performances of the season out of our whole team, for me.

He also never seemed that bothered, especially when things weren't going too well for the team. Far from irreplaceable... Whether we replace what he contributed or not is down to Mr Duffy.

1 minute ago, Johnny Red said:

CalGal away to Airdrie

Someone post the gif of the guy throwing himself out the window plz.

Duffy better have some major signings up his sleeve. Replacing Mango, Ballantyne, Forbes and SeaGal will be seriously difficult.

I cant help but think we have moved a bit slow here. maybe we have offered these guys in principal but other clubs have came in and given them concrete offers which they cant turn down as I'm sure they have financial obligations like the rest of us. Forbes getting a 2 year deal? We were never going to match that anyway!

On the season ticket thing, being able to pay it up monthly is class from the club. I haven't bought one for years as finances and family have dictated otherwise. Now even if I make 1 game a month I can "nearly" justify it to the wife! Result!

Someone post the gif of the guy throwing himself out the window plz.
Duffy better have some major signings up his sleeve. Replacing Mango, Ballantyne, Forbes and SeaGal will be seriously difficult.

Hahahah

A452BD32-07E5-4EA2-A79D-CE1A295E26B9.jpg