Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, microdave said:

Correct. From wiki - The club ceased activity completely in 1955,[3] when the local council refused to renew its lease on its home ground, City Park.[4]

A club called Postal United was founded in 1966. The Edinburgh City Football Club Ltd.[5], which had continued trading as a social club since the football club stopped playing, gave their approval in 1986 for Postal United to use the Edinburgh City name

Aaah….memories. I refereed the first game which the newly-named Edinburgh City played in the East of Scotland League on 16th August 1986 at Paties Road recreation ground in Edinburgh.  A 2v1 win against Eyemouth United. To be fair, Edinburgh City have progressed a fair way since then!

Edited by Deputy Keeper
spelling

Delighted that saga is over and done with and we can start building a team for next season. Hopefully the signings will start flooding in now, starting with Gaston, Jai Quitongo and Lee Kilday tonight.

I'll be thrilled if JD decides that there may be a better option out there than Kyle Hutton.
Yer man JD is a big admirer of Hutton so I wouldn't hold your breath. Out of interest, does anyone know if Hutton has plans to get that injury sorted over the summer?

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yer man JD is a big admirer of Hutton so I wouldn't hold your breath. Out of interest, does anyone know if Hutton has plans to get that injury sorted over the summer?

I heard Hutton has become emotionally attached to the cyst now and wants to keep it.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Delighted that saga is over and done with and we can start building a team for next season. Hopefully the signings will start flooding in now, starting with Gaston, Jai Quitongo and Lee Kilday tonight.

Let me be a bit controversial here...in my opinion last season was largely rescued by the input of Messrs Craig Barr, Dom Thomas and David Ferguson, none of whom remain at the club.  Retaining too many of the squad who had flatlined for a large part of last term should be avoided, again in my opinion, or alternatives at least explored.  If Carswell and Hutton both feature in next season's midfield that would be an act of folly.  

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Let me be a bit controversial here...in my opinion last season was largely rescued by the input of Messrs Craig Barr, Dom Thomas and David Ferguson, none of whom remain at the club.  Retaining too many of the squad who had flatlined for a large part of last term should be avoided, again in my opinion, or alternatives at least explored.  If Carswell and Hutton both feature in next season's midfield that would be an act of folly.  

Forbes.  Before Thomas came in, if we didn't have the production from Forbes we would have been bottom I'm sure.  @Ross Forbes has some stats of this kicking around mid season.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't think anyone disagrees with you there, we've been saying for 3 seasons now that we only need one or the other in regards to Hutts and Carswell. Managers appear to rate him though, and if Duffy is working with a tight budget he'll stick to what he knows.  I expect we'll see this in his new signings too - boys he knows well that will work hard.