Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Based on their time in a Sons shirt, Findlay showed the potential to go far. Brophy....well....didnt. 

Interesting. If you'd asked me a year or two ago I'd have assured you that Paul McGinn would have won a Scotland cap before either of the above.

Edited by George Parr

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Correct. From wiki - The club ceased activity completely in 1955,[3] when the local council refused to renew its lease on its home ground, City Park.[4]

A club called Postal United was founded in 1966. The Edinburgh City Football Club Ltd.[5], which had continued trading as a social club since the football club stopped playing, gave their approval in 1986 for Postal United to use the Edinburgh City name

Of course Fir Park is the ground that its longest since we played at. If we get an away tie against Motherwell it will be Celtic Park that's longest

Assuming one of Brophy or Findlay make an appearance, who was the last Dumbarton player to play for Scotland after leaving us?
Edit: Graeme Sharp maybe?
Graeme Sharp was the last to make his debut after leaving us. He did so in May 1985 against Iceland just a few days after Murdo made his against England. Murdo is the last one to play for Scotland as his international career lasted for three years more than Sharp.

Of course Fir Park is the ground that its longest since we played at. If we get an away tie against Motherwell it will be Celtic Park that's longest
That means Fir Park is the only spfl ground we've not played at this century. Although we've got Cove Rangers to add in now.

34 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

That means Fir Park is the only spfl ground we've not played at this century. Although we've got Cove Rangers to add in now.

Not disagreeing because I don't know but when did we play at Celtic Park this century?

Over twenty years since we played Motherwell. Only a longer gap for St Johnstone

Is it really 20 years since I bunked off afternoon school to go on the adventure of a lifetime to Motherwell, not bothering to plan how I was getting home, missing the train and nearly being grounded for stoating I’m after midnight on a school night!

Jings, way to make a guy feel old.

Decent game though. Bring them on.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
6 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Beanzie Harcourt, Floydy, Biggie & Dick Jackson
emoji14.png

Wee Matt Byrne, Crazy Billy and Jean Hilton were Associate Members.

Jean used to be in charge of the Supporters' bus amongst other things.