Sons' sorrow

IMG_4882.thumb.jpg.0ce3a25e126e1bb95de77b5a7a6ff694.jpgeager? Management should have been sorted weeks ago, and board members should not be unavailable for board meetings to discuss club affairs immediately after the season ends. Smacks of people deliberately being awkward
I'm not privvy to the inner workings at DFC but we have a hard working board who are probably acutely aware of the need of assembling a squad, so I'm guessing it's not quite as black and white as it looks from the outside. Hopefully we can start to get some players tied down soon.

15 hours ago, optimistic said:

IMG_4882.jpgeager? Management should have been sorted weeks ago, and board members should not be unavailable for board meetings to discuss club affairs immediately after the season ends. Smacks of people deliberately being awkward

People have lives mate. They don't actually have to give up any of their time at all, they could all stop tomorrow and our club would likely die. They give their time because they want the club to succeed, why would they deliberately be awkward in regards to discussing future plans?

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

JD on OTB and seems like he WILL be staying on.Says we have NO players signed so he has a lot of work to do.Also looking forward to facing Clyde and Falkirk .

Nothing on OS but i.d be shocked if he walked away now.

Quickly skim-listened to the entirety of OTB and was a wee bit disappointed they didn't speak to him in a bit more detail about DFC. Not surprised mind you, but disappointed nonetheless. Here's what he had to say:

I think with Falkirk in the league it's going to be even tougher, and the likes of Peterhead and Clyde - what a job Danny Lennon's done, I'm delighted for him - so yeah it will be a really tough league again, but we'll see what the summer brings. I don't have any players signed at this moment in time, none, so we've got a bit of work to do. 

Are we getting a new kit for next season?

I’ve heard that we are but it’s not going to be a custom kit like last seasons it will be an off the rail job with our badge and sponsor on it.

2nd hand info so don’t take my word on it.

I said it a few weeks ago, we are going to end up with panic buys and emergency loans deals.

Why season after season are we almost surprised that players are going to be leaving and the window is going to be open.
It’s not like it creeps up on the club and surprise !!!
We can all see where we need to strengthen so surely this should be getting looked at in the run up to the window opening??
Surely the board and those making the decision (whoever that may be)
can see that’s the most logical way to approach things ??.

To me it just seems to be that no one knows what is going on or if they do they are just unwilling to tell us anything. But yet are asking us to fork out 250 quid for a ST.

A bit of transparency from the club would be nice. But it’s not going to change with all the wee cliques and groups in the club. IMO that’s where most of the issues arise but that’s just me.

Until this whole farcical situation changes I’m not putting another penny into the club, all in all last season I must have spent about 500 quid on ST, kit and away games.

That won’t be happening this season.

Don’t particularly like moaning about this stuff ( unlike some others who love a moan mostly the classic FB crew ) but im pretty fed up being in this situation every year .

Until this whole farcical situation changes I’m not putting another penny into the club, all in all last season I must have spent about 500 quid on ST, kit and away games.

Don’t particularly like moaning about this stuff ( unlike some others who love a moan mostly the classic FB crew ) but im pretty fed up being in this situation every year .

I spent well over 500 on two away days with east fife [emoji23] would be well over double that if you include the fact that we went to Dublin on the original date as well[emoji23]

Your club if in difficulty needs you surely? Means nothing to me cause I don’t like Dumbarton but don’t understand the argument that when it starts to go to shit at your club folk turn away. That’s when they need more folk in.

I spent well over 500 on two away days with east fife [emoji23] would be well over double that if you include the fact that we went to Dublin on the original date as well[emoji23]

Your club if in difficulty needs you surely? Means nothing to me cause I don’t like Dumbarton but don’t understand the argument that when it starts to go to shit at your club folk turn away. That’s when they need more folk in.

I don’t know if my club is in difficulty because they don’t tell us anything.... is my point.

You might be in the position financially to shell out in excess of 500 quid but I’m not.

JD on OTB and seems like he WILL be staying on.Says we have NO players signed so he has a lot of work to do.Also looking forward to facing Clyde and Falkirk .
Does that mean Rory Loy has agreed a cancellation?

2 minutes ago, albundy said:
2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Would like to think so, it should certainly free up some wage$

I said it a few weeks ago, we are going to end up with panic buys and emergency loans deals.

Why season after season are we almost surprised that players are going to be leaving and the window is going to be open.
It’s not like it creeps up on the club and surprise !!!
We can all see where we need to strengthen so surely this should be getting looked at in the run up to the window opening??
Surely the board and those making the decision (whoever that may be)
can see that’s the most logical way to approach things ??.

To me it just seems to be that no one knows what is going on or if they do they are just unwilling to tell us anything. But yet are asking us to fork out 250 quid for a ST.

A bit of transparency from the club would be nice. But it’s not going to change with all the wee cliques and groups in the club. IMO that’s where most of the issues arise but that’s just me.

Like I mentioned earlier I suspect it's not a black and white situation and there are good people working damn hard to keep the club operational, I suspect the club needs all the income and backing it can get just now.

Though, a little more info/communication from the club would go a way to stopping rumours and gossip and perhaps offer some context as to the squad/gaffer/ambition situation.

2 hours ago, albundy said:
5 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Check the 1st Team Squad 2019/20 on the official site.

11 hours ago, RGD89 said:

I don’t know if my club is in difficulty because they don’t tell us anything.... is my point.

You might be in the position financially to shell out in excess of 500 quid but I’m not.

You don't know if the club is in financial difficulty? They don't tell us anything?

John Steele literally stood in front of the fans on about 4 occasions last year telling you exactly that.

Not sure who you refer to as "cliques and groups" within the club.

You don't know if the club is in financial difficulty? They don't tell us anything?
John Steele literally stood in front of the fans on about 4 occasions last year telling you exactly that.
Not sure who you refer to as "cliques and groups" within the club.

As an outsider it seriously looks like the clubs up shit creek.
I would be doing my utmost to try and help out, where that’s buying an old kit, a mug, a ST. Anything to save my club [emoji1417]

Yes they should probably say but if they come out and say we are fucked players probably won’t sign as it’s a sign of club in decline. Just my 2p on it. Ps rankine is a w****r [emoji1417]

As an outsider it seriously looks like the clubs up shit creek.

I would be doing my utmost to try and help out, where that’s buying an old kit, a mug, a ST. Anything to save my club [emoji1417]

Yes they should probably say but if they come out and say we are fucked players probably won’t sign as it’s a sign of club in decline. Just my 2p on it. Ps rankine is a w****r [emoji1417]

I don't think we're up shit creek financially. We're more stuck in a tussle for control of the club with owners who just want to make some money and run.  

The chairman has been very open and honest about us obviously having less money to play with down here vs the Championship and we're also trying to tidy up some of the mess created by previous regimes. The stadium has also been neglected by the owners/previous boards so that's another thing to add to it. We're doing a lot of fundraising activity to make the impact as minimal as possible.

If the club was in serious immediate danger we'd know about it. We have a very active supporters trust, including a member on the board, and a board of directors who have the clubs best interests at heart.

As for someone mentioning cliques? Jesus wept. I can only assume you are new to DFC. If you think it's cliquey these days you quite clearly didn't experience things even as recent as 6 or 7 years ago. We were like the Eton Caviar Club, no commoners were allowed to even look at the board. You should be thankful we have the board we have.

10 minutes ago, TheFarPost said:

For all those who are

Yes, the club certainly needs all the backing it can get right now. We can flourish, but it's going to take (and is taking) a lot of work. 

There should be some positive news regarding next season coming shortly -- but let me assure you that everything that can be said is being said by the club (I'm the club press officer, as well as involved from the trust, so I'm speaking of what I know here).

If there was more that could be put into the public arena right now, that would happen. The board is strongly committed to working positively with supporters, sponsors etc.   (Speculation is inevitable in the absence of hard news...  I understand that, but much of it is way off course, and it really doesn't help anyone or anything.)  

The reality is that contracts and financial arrangements involve confidentiality and can end up taking more time than people would like. Everyone is working flat-out to get things over the line. 

Best, Simon

Yeah real life doesnt work like Football Manager...its good to know things are moving along and hearing JD yesterday im confident we will start building a squad in the very near future.I think it is vital that we keep supporting the club financially in every way we can as i believe a return to the Championship IS possible.What do i base that on?I dont really know...just a gut feeling or maybe blind optimism.Either way from Simon's post above its clear a sense of optimism is much better than doom and gloom.If that is  being unrealistic- so be it.