Sons' sorrow

Still no news on players? Yet again are we going to be scraping around the dregs of what is left?
It really is dragging on now. Our season ended 3 weeks ago and we are no further forward in terms of knowing whether the manager is staying, whether any of our players have actually been offered a contract or whether Duffy is actively seeking new signings for DFC.

I fully appreciate other things may have been going on, but if we want to aim for top 4 (the chairman's aim, not mine) then we HAVE to get a move on. I've already watched around 6 or 7 players move to teams around us who I would've been happy to see head our way. Duffy may well not have been interested in any of them but the more that slip through the net the more we're left scraping the barrell. As it stands we are already playing catchup and it's only going to get worse the longer this drags on.

Haven't really said much about our situation at the moment but it's bugging me now.  f**k is going on?

Other teams are signing left, right and centre and yet all we hear is Duffy wants to talk to the board and we can't even arrange that?

Kirkpatrick signing for Forfar and Thomson leaving Morton - we need to get the finger out or we are going to be left to choose from a pool of young unproven players  (which isn't always a bad thing, but you need a mix/solid base surely!).

13 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Other teams are signing left, right and centre and yet all we hear is Duffy wants to talk to the board and we can't even arrange that?

They met last night. Duffy was in Vegas for a week and unfortunately some board members weren't available for the meeting prior to that. As Simon has put on here - nobody wanted that situation but it's where we are.  With them having met last night I'd expect news over the coming days as to where we are.

Just because some ex-players are on the move doesn't mean we're being left behind. If we sign the players who haven't been released we'll have 9 signed up (Brennan, Boaby, Forbes, Carswell, Hutton, Gallagher, Melingui, Russell, Loy). I think we all agree Loy isn't playing for us again and Russell will more than likely be on the coaching side of things, but the 7 others are a decent start to a squad build and doesn't make us much worse off than a lot of other teams.

Of course, if Duffy leaves and our players scarper elsewhere we're in a spot of bother but I'm hopeful it won't come to that.

Just because some ex-players are on the move doesn't mean we're being left behind. If we sign the players who haven't been released we'll have 9 signed up (Brennan, Boaby, Forbes, Carswell, Hutton, Gallagher, Melingui, Russell, Loy). I think we all agree Loy isn't playing for us again and Russell will more than likely be on the coaching side of things, but the 7 others are a decent start to a squad build and doesn't make us much worse off than a lot of other teams.

Considering we don't know if our current players have physically been offered contracts then there's no gurantee they will be staying. We don't even officially know if Duffy wants to keep those guys as there have been no updates, they just weren't mentioned on the release list.

I do think we are falling behind and some decent players are starting to move around. I'm all for being patient but a core of players that could potentially include guys like Boris, Russell and Hutton is nowhere near good enough. Lots of work has to be done and the sooner we start the better. Each passing day is another day wasted.

I think we need more than vague statements telling us talks are ongoing and we will get news soon. Especially if we want to shift tickets.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering we don't know if our current players have physically been offered contracts then there's no gurantee they will be staying. We don't even officially know if Duffy wants to keep those guys as there have been no updates, they just weren't mentioned on the release list.

If he didn't want to keep them he'd have released them, no? 

I doubt they've been offered deals as our budget wasn't set but given they haven't signed for anyone else it suggests to me they want to wait and see what we offer at the very least.

If we're still in this position when the window opens I'll start panicking.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering we don't know if our current players have physically been offered contracts then there's no gurantee they will be staying. 

Some players have definitely been offered deals. 

Some players have definitely been offered deals. 
It's widely rumoured some players have been told by the manager he wants them to stay but they haven't been offered an actual deal. Which would add up with Duffy not knowing what his budget was prior to the apparent meeting last night. Perhaps he offered them a proposed deal but it certainly can't have been anything official without a budget in place.

Either way the club hasn't mentioned anything about players being offered deals (like they normally do) so no one really knows what the script is.

Last week's reporter;

“To do that, you need to sit down with the facts and figures and all the aspects of how the club want to move forward. Once we get that done then we will have a clearer picture of how to try and achieve that.
“We haven’t signed anyone because we don’t know what we can offer. All I have said to the players is ‘in principle, would you be interested in signing?’. Those I have asked have said yes, but until such times when we can put an offer on the table, there’s a threat that other clubs could swoop - good players will always attract attention from other clubs. If those players get offered a good wage elsewhere then we will lose out on them.

Moving away from the fact we have no players (well, aside from Loy) and no manager at the moment, I've just seen Stenhousemuir's new kit - and I couldn't be a bigger fan. Reckon Uhlsport could do something very, very decent based on this sort of template for us.

https://rjmsports.com/product/stenhousemuir-fc-uhlsport-away-short-sleeve-shirt-white/

Moving away from the fact we have no players (well, aside from Loy) and no manager at the moment, I've just seen Stenhousemuir's new kit - and I couldn't be a bigger fan. Reckon Uhlsport could do something very, very decent based on this sort of template for us.
https://rjmsports.com/product/stenhousemuir-fc-uhlsport-away-short-sleeve-shirt-white/

That’s smart.
If we’re going to move away from the traditional across the chest bands then how about the bands being vertical a la old Hearts and Ajax, with the badge on left breast or in middle of the chest ?
I’m thinking a broad gold band bordered by narrower black bands.
Maybe one of the youngsters on here could conjure that up and post it in here ?

We don't even know if we have a manager for next season so I wouldn't be expecting kit news anytime soon.

If we had any sense we'd just dust off the old Baxter Ramsays, the greatest kit in the history of Scottish football.
We will have a manager next season, we're just unsure if it'll be Duffy or someone else at the moment. I'm not overly fussed about a new kit. I asked just because the subject had arisen.