Sons' sorrow

I don't know much about the behind the scenes of the club but below is the charge submitted with Companies House in regards to Rankine and part of the stadium.

With all the rumours, the most worrying thing for me is that the club haven't submitted the accounts for year ended May 2018 which were due end of February. Usually a bad sign.5ce31c0a6017d_Screenshot_20190520-221453_Adobe20Acrobat.thumb.jpg.7dc351ae2447f80b2a94d0cfd8f4d48c.jpg

28 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I don't know much about the behind the scenes of the club but below is the charge submitted with Companies House in regards to Rankine and part of the stadium.

With all the rumours, the most worrying thing for me is that the club haven't submitted the accounts for year ended May 2018 which were due end of February. Usually a bad sign.5ce31c0a6017d_Screenshot_20190520-221453_Adobe20Acrobat.thumb.jpg.7dc351ae2447f80b2a94d0cfd8f4d48c.jpg

I think Wilf has been quoted a few times in recent years with regard to the club not producing a full set of accounts in recent years, so this doesn't look to be anything new (unless I've misunderstood, which is entirely possible).

I think Wilf has been quoted a few times in recent years with regard to the club not producing a full set of accounts in recent years, so this doesn't look to be anything new (unless I've misunderstood, which is entirely possible).
They don't have to produce a full set of Accounts but do have to submit a set of Small Company Accounts with Companies House by the end of February.

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/17652261.dumbarton-boss-duffy-urgently-requires-assurances-from-board/

What the hell is going on? From that article Duffy is desperate to get things discussed.

I really thought the issue would be Duffy dragging his heels, not the board taking two and a half weeks to speak to the guy.

Something feels off about all of this IMO.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/17652261.dumbarton-boss-duffy-urgently-requires-assurances-from-board/

What the hell is going on? From that article Duffy is desperate to get things discussed.

I really thought the issue would be Duffy dragging his heels, not the board taking two and a half weeks to speak to the guy.

Something feels off about all of this IMO.

IITK

11 hours ago, Frank conner said:

You should bulldoze the stand and just have a bigger carpark!

11 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Is that you writing to the local paper trying to save your club?

10 hours ago, Frank conner said:

He wont save you this time

9 hours ago, Frank conner said:

:rolleyes:

Raith.JPG

You can't actually grant security against an asset that you don't own. Brabco can't do anything with the land. Rankine can't do anything with the land. Its completely owned by the club and the club is the only entity that can borrow against it, sell it or otherwise change its ownership. 

As for the Reporter article - Duffy will certainly be looking around at his options and whilst he may indeed by happy to manage us next season, he's reminding people that he's open to better offers should they be forthcoming. I'd expect things to be much clearer all round in the next week or so. 

Can you lot find some dosh and offer Robert Thomson a contract? Hopkin's gone and offered him a deal with us despite him being absolutely awful for 2 full seasons here [emoji38] 
I've actually been eyeing up that Morton released list and would be more than happy to see 3 or 4 head our way.

Astounded at Thomson being offered a new deal tbh.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I've actually been eyeing up that Morton released list and would be more than happy to see 3 or 4 head our way.

Astounded at Thomson being offered a new deal tbh.

I think most will probably pick up contracts at full-time clubs. Our budget has been majorly cut so we just can't afford some of them. Could maybe see Gary Oliver going part-time. He's Jim Duffy's nephew...

Taking Denny Johnstone on a deal where he gets paid for each appearance might be something Dumbarton could go for. He played about 100 minutes for us last season and was crocked, but if fit he'd absolutely piss League 1. Another one that Duffy rates highly. 

29 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Can you lot find some dosh and offer Robert Thomson a contract? Hopkin's gone and offered him a deal with us despite him being absolutely awful for 2 full seasons here :lol: 

I actually think he might work well in Hopkins system (if he plays similarly to his Livi team). Hopkin liked a big guy up top with pace and energy around him. Whilst Thommo isn't the greatest target man, he may well do the job under a gaffer that can give him confidence.

8 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

You can't actually grant security against an asset that you don't own. Brabco can't do anything with the land. Rankine can't do anything with the land. Its completely owned by the club and the club is the only entity that can borrow against it, sell it or otherwise change its ownership.

Really?

Edited by Doctor Jobby

7 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I thought that Brabco owned the club. Isn't that the case?

1 hour ago, Doctor Jobby said:

I thought that Brabco owned the club. Isn't that the case?

No.

Brabco are majority shareholders. They are effectively de facto owners in that they have the majority shareholding and can therefore dictate what happens via shareholder votes (if we ever held an AGM).

But they don't own the club privately. They're majority shareholders. Dumbarton FC is still a legal entity and the board of directors are tasked with running the club in the best interests of the club. Any move to change the ownership of the land from Dumbarton FC to Brabco, Rankine or anybody else would almost certainly be questionable under companies law. Anything that wasnt at a reasonable market value would see the directors of the club failing in their fiduciary duty that exists under law.

Its a fine line between ownership and majority shareholding as majority shareholders can essentially act as owners and force their will on the club if they really want to go down that route. It would mean starting a war with the club's board of directors. They own shares in the football club. They don't own Dumbarton FC or any of it's assets.

Edited by BallochSonsFan