Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

That's if Duffy is still in charge of us...

Having signed near enough everyone who has ever been backup to him (think we just needed Nico Caraux and Andy McNeil for a full set) then it's about time we got him. I'd be quite happy with Gaston and Brennan as our two goalkeeping options - it would certainly be a fair bit stronger than we started last season with Adam and McGowan.

Ah, I thought Duffy was signed up til the end of next season. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Ah, I thought Duffy was signed up til the end of next season. 

I think he is, but he wasn't going to commit himself to the club until he knew what our aims for next season were...and we've heard nothing. So make of that what you will!

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

I think he is, but he wasn't going to commit himself to the club until he knew what our aims for next season were...and we've heard nothing. So make of that what you will!

Interesting. Some players have been offered new deals. No idea who’s doing that if Duffy isn’t sure what’s happening. 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Interesting. Some players have been offered new deals. No idea who’s doing that if Duffy isn’t sure what’s happening. 

That's interesting, because it's pretty much more than we've heard - and shows that Froxy's agent might've been being a bit economical with the truth...

I'd like to have thought that Duffy would've known by now if he was going, but I'm braced for a Tweet saying that he's away...and have been for ages.

I heard a Mr Rankine (twat) had taken a mortgage out on the land behind the stand (same area that twigg and Johnstone bought at our stadium)

Selling off the land sounds dodgy to me
Is that something done to secure the £200k Brabco allegedly owe him from their original purchase of the club?

28 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I heard a Mr Rankine (twat) had taken a mortgage out on the land behind the stand (same area that twigg and Johnstone bought at our stadium)

Selling off the land sounds dodgy to me

Is that something done to secure the £200k Brabco allegedly owe him from their original purchase of the club?

Probably. But I had heard it included further funds

4 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Probably. But I had heard it included further funds

Yeah, believe Rankine basically has security over our car park area in lieu of a loan he gave the board to see us through after our relegation.

Wee update on the OS to assuage our fears. Clicky
Not a great deal there to be honest, it's a holding statement until the meeting referred to takes place. Even then, that may not be definitive, as I get the feeling that there are all sorts of things going on in the background which are interlinked and could have significant outcomes for DFC.

I have no hard evidence, but having been thwarted in their intentions I cannot believe that Brabco will be looking to hang around any longer than it takes them to extract enough money to exit the scene. And therein lies the worry.

14 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yeah, believe Rankine basically has security over our car park area in lieu of a loan he gave the board to see us through after our relegation.

You should bulldoze the stand and just have a bigger carpark!