Sons' sorrow

Something to take our minds off the managerial situation.

There a wee comedy club being launched at the club. Comedy@theRock will hopefully (if supported by the town) run monthly nights with comedians from the Scottish comedy circuit.

First night is Friday 31st May. Tickets from £7.50 with a promo on this weekend. www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/comedytherock-john-gavin-julia-sutherland-more-tickets-60353269253

The club benefits from the venue hire, bar sales and profit share.

"This will be a cracking night of comedy at the club and is something I'm proud to have played a part in creating" - Stevie Aitken (May, 2019)

Edited by Jordo1872
sausage fingers

Also, we've now shifted around 380 bricks for the Engraved at the Rock initiative, raising around £7,500 for the club.

Thanks to everyone on here who has supported this, and if you've done so yet....how no?

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

With hee-haw happening I decided to play a wee mental puzzle in which, based on former Sons, players have the same forename and surname. Thus we have William Williams, Craig Craig, Steven Stevens, Jack Jack, Graham Graham, etc.,. Can anyone improve on Boris Borris ?

Drummond Drummond

Not to pile on the doom and gloom, but I can see next season being a real struggle. I’d expect both promoted sides to comfortably have a bigger budget than us.

Peterhead seem to have had a healthy budget for a good few years now (see Rory McAllister) but they have an ageing squad, some of whom will be replaced. And the healthy budget hasn't stopped them being relegated or fail to win promotion from L2 in the past(not this year obvs)

45 minutes ago, microdave said:

Peterhead seem to have had a healthy budget for a good few years now (see Rory McAllister) but they have an ageing squad, some of whom will be replaced. And the healthy budget hasn't stopped them being relegated or fail to win promotion from L2 in the past(not this year obvs)

Nothing’s a guarantee and budget doesn’t always match up with league position, but I’ll be surprised if many teams have a smaller budget than us next season.

I’d certainly expect Falkirk, Raith, Airdrie, Forfar, Montrose, Clyde and Peterhead to have bigger budgets.