Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
56 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:
To be honest, the more time passes the more I've been thinking about this....and I don't like it at all. 
This time last week I was pretty confident we'd know by now if Duffy was staying and, if he was, possibly have a few players signed up...But nope. I'm not panicking just yet, but this is exactly the sort of situation I hoped we'd avoid.

I think everything will become clearer once the Scotland position is settled. Not long now.

Ach,  we know who's a shoo-in for that!

image.jpg.880706849c18bd53b4f224dc4374668a.jpg

17 minutes ago, microdave said:

If JD is still on holiday I wouldn't have expected any announcement in any case. If he's back, then maybe it's time to think about panicking.

He only went away on holiday last Sunday after his Old Firm Sportsound stint.

Well, that's debateable. If he stays then fair enough but if he tells he us he isn't after his holiday we are in a seriously shite situation.

Why we didn't set a deadline of before his holiday is beyond me.
If he's going I would have to agree we are in bother but we don't know yet so I'm still in non panic mode.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
Well, that's debateable. If he stays then fair enough but if he tells he us he isn't after his holiday we are in a seriously shite situation.

Why we didn't set a deadline of before his holiday is beyond me.

If he's going I would have to agree we are in bother but we don't know yet so I'm still in non panic mode.

Agree with that, if we'd achieved this season's ambition, which was to finish top 4 in League 1 we would still perhaps be playing football just now.

Maybe a date was set for serious managerial talks after the final play offs were over, who knows.

I'll be delighted though if Jim Duffy signs on for next season because the transformation since the turn of this year has been very pleasing.

Should also be noted that we are absolutely fucking skint, dropping over £100k in income since relegation.

1 minute ago, optimistic said:

If Duffy does indeed go, who would we like? Jim Mcintyre for me

Nobody deserves McIntyre, you'd be better with Hartley is "absolute dud whos achieved nothing for half a decade" is the gameplan.

If Duffy is to leave then I'd really like to see us going for an ex-pro. Someone like Lee Miller for example.

Obviously it's a gamble (show me an appointment that isn't...) But getting a young gaffer desperate to make a name for himself in the game is a very good option for a club like DFC.

I'd have been into McIntyre prior to his Dundee stint, but that was an unmitigated disaster - so I'm kind of off him now.

Edit: Literally 20 minutes after I type that Miller signs a new deal at Livi :lol: Sub his name for any veteran player who seems like he might make a decent manager though. 

Edited by Ross Forbes

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

If Duffy is to leave then I'd really like to see us going for an ex-pro. Someone like Lee Miller for example.

Obviously it's a gamble (show me an appointment that isn't...) But getting a young gaffer desperate to make a name for himself in the game is a very good option for a club like DFC.

I'd have been into McIntyre prior to his Dundee stint, but that was an unmitigated disaster - so I'm kind of off him now.

Edit: Literally 20 minutes after I type that Miller signs a new deal at Livi :lol: Sub his name for any veteran player who seems like he might make a decent manager though. 

I wonder if Kenny Miller fancies another go at being player/manager? He might end up getting that at Dundee right enough.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
21 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Can we save this debate for once (IF) we find out that we're having to replace Jim?

There's f**k all else happening tbh. The silence is deafening.

Quite. We wouldn’t be speculating at all if Jim hadn’t stirred it up with those end of season interviews.