Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Wee bit concerning to see Froxy's agent saying on the Facebook group that he knows no players have been offered deals yet by the club. Given they all had decent seasons I'd say that we're reducing our chances of keeping Carsy, Forbes, The SeaGal and Bobby Barr quite literally by the hour. Duffy really needs to get a move on and decide if he's sticking around or not. He must know by now. Surely.

I'm wary of his motive. He has no connection to us other than Froxy, he's not a Dumbarton fan, yet he's on there nearly in tears because this "great wee club" is apparently on its way to the wall. I'm wary of where his info is coming from and the motive behind it.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm wary of his motive. He has no connection to us other than Froxy, he's not a Dumbarton fan, yet he's on there nearly in tears because this "great wee club" is apparently on its way to the wall. I'm wary of where his info is coming from and the motive behind it.

He's Kyle Hutton's agent too, but aye I get the point. The latter part of his comment reeked of attention seeking/someone trying to create a panic, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the contract part was true.

Someone fancy flying out to find Duffy and ask him? I'm sure we could all chip in towards the plane ticket :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

The latter part of his comment reeked of attention seeking/someone trying to create a panic, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the contract part was true.

He even managed to massage his ego in the same post with his "to think only 18 months ago MY LAD FROXY scored that screamer and put you in a cup final" comment. If Kyle Hutton's not been offered a deal then that's fine with me...

The season officially finishes (for us lower league diddies) this weekend.  If we go into next week without hearing a peep then I'll start to worry about who's been offered what. So far since confirming our safety in League 1 we've had folk tell us that the police are investigating the club, the FCA are investigating the club, folk are stealing money via the Trust and now we're apparently going to the wall for f**k knows what reason.  There are folk out there with some right weird stuff on their agendas.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He even managed to massage his ego in the same post with his "to think only 18 months ago MY LAD FROXY scored that screamer and put you in a cup final" comment. If Kyle Hutton's not been offered a deal then that's fine with me...

The season officially finishes (for us lower league diddies) this weekend.  If we go into next week without hearing a peep then I'll start to worry about who's been offered what. So far since confirming our safety in League 1 we've had folk tell us that the police are investigating the club, the FCA are investigating the club, folk are stealing money via the Trust and now we're apparently going to the wall for f**k knows what reason.  There are folk out there with some right weird stuff on their agendas.

The whole of G82 are eternally grateful to Alex the Agent or sending us on the path to Cup final defeat. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I hate it when people bring up the Cup final. Getting there was a fantastic achievement, but the way we played on the day still really gets to me. Plus I spent the night of the TNS game watching it on my phone in an Italian restaurant :bairn

Does it make me a paranoid weirdo that I think there might be a few people with personal grudges against DFC/people at DFC who are spreading these stories? 

5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Does it make me a paranoid weirdo that I think there might be a few people with personal grudges against DFC/people at DFC who are spreading these stories? 

You aren't paranoid, that is very much the reality. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm wary of where his info is coming from and the motive behind it.

23 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

21 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Aye, i'm pretty sure this agent fella is a bellend.  Wouldn't trust a word that he mentions.  Wasn't he one of the guys sticking up for Aitken before?

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You aren't paranoid, that is very much the reality. 

image.png.4ba54687d8a59d728f32c6e649a790f5.png

Where is all this shit coming from an who is behind it ?

Seemed to be once stevie left there was a few who took pleasure in sticking the boot in to the club. We all know about aitkens army. Ex kit man had a pop too if I recall and now some weirdo agent telling us we are going bust! Maybe someone is trying to sell our drama to channel 5 for a documentary, in that case they its genius and a good way to raise funds! [emoji39]

I asked him to explain why the club was going to the wall, he's since deleted his comments. I think we can assume he has either (a) realised that spreading rumours about clubs on social media doesn't reflect well on him or (b) he was talking shite. Either way I think we can forget about it and wait for the club to inform us of the current state of play.

So it's still all quiet on the Sons front. How long do we give Duffy to decide whether he wants to stay? Is it wise to let him call the shots?

For all we know he could turn round next weekend and tell us he doesn't fancy the challenge. How long will it take to identify potential replacements, interview them and appoint one of them? Say 3 weeks? That would take us a week or so into June with none of our better performers having being offered contracts and probably having offers from elsewhere.

Is Duffy really worthy of being afforded this much time to decide whether the budget suits him or not?

If the above worst case scenario pans out then we could be entering the 2nd week of June with no players signed up, no players offered contracts and a brand new gaffer desperately scrambling to cobble together enough players who haven't already taken up offers elsewhere.

Is it just me or is the worst case scenario starting to look more likely with each passing day?

Worrying.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is it just me or is the worst case scenario starting to look more likely with each passing day?

Worrying.

To be honest, the more time passes the more I've been thinking about this....and I don't like it at all. 

This time last week I was pretty confident we'd know by now if Duffy was staying and, if he was, possibly have a few players signed up...But nope. I'm not panicking just yet, but this is exactly the sort of situation I hoped we'd avoid.

Worrying.
Dunno,

It could be that everything has a gentleman's agreement, re: Duffy's future, player staying and nothing signed yet.

Or

We're fucked.

To be honest, the more time passes the more I've been thinking about this....and I don't like it at all. 
This time last week I was pretty confident we'd know by now if Duffy was staying and, if he was, possibly have a few players signed up...But nope. I'm not panicking just yet, but this is exactly the sort of situation I hoped we'd avoid.
I think everything will become clearer once the Scotland position is settled. Not long now.