Sons' sorrow

IMG_4792.jpg.beb1fcb82eec896f6cdad25bc96720ab.jpg

Great to see the club reaching out to the local community in a bid to attract youngsters. Should be applauded and they can’t be accused of not at least trying. Hopefully the uptake is decent.

Stevie Aitken on pundit duty at the Raith Queen of the South game on Alba tonight.

Wonder if he'll mention turning Kevin Nisbet into the player he is today...

Edit: Mentioned us having injuries approximately 30 seconds into speaking :lol:

Edited by Ross Forbes

Stevie Aitken on pundit duty at the Raith Queen of the South game on Alba tonight.
Edit: Mentioned us having injuries approximately 30 seconds into speaking [emoji38]
Missed that as I tuned in late, was interested to see if he was spouting mince and the missus phones just as he was starting to talk [emoji36].

Queens 2 up in case anyone's interested interested.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Edit: Mentioned us having injuries approximately 30 seconds into speaking :lol:

instead of a fee, Stevie just demanded he be asked "So you're looking to get back into management yourself, are you Stevie?" at some point.

Edit: Mentioned us having injuries approximately 30 seconds into speaking [emoji38]
I'm enjoying the wee man contributing piercing insights in the way only a Rolls Royce employee can do.

38 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
Edit: Mentioned us having injuries approximately 30 seconds into speaking emoji38.png

I'm enjoying the wee man contributing piercing insights in the way only a Rolls Royce employee can do.

He really has added absolutely nothing that literally anyone on this forum couldn't add. It's as bad as Derek Ferguson.

1 minute ago, GordyBrow said:

It’s been fascinating listening to an evening of Aitken’s platitudes. I’m hardly surprised we were so uninspiring during his time in charge given his contributions tonight.

You can imagine the entirety of his team talks just being "bit more quality on the ball and a bit more effort and we'll be right back in this".

Wee bit concerning to see Froxy's agent saying on the Facebook group that he knows no players have been offered deals yet by the club. Given they all had decent seasons I'd say that we're reducing our chances of keeping Carsy, Forbes, The SeaGal and Bobby Barr quite literally by the hour. Duffy really needs to get a move on and decide if he's sticking around or not. He must know by now. Surely.

12 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Did Stevie Aitken just say losing 2-1 tonight would be a good result for Raith?

This quote from the Raith/QoS match thread sums up Stevie Aitken's footballing philosophy perfectly.

Here's what the Raith fans thought, Stevie.

20190515_212909.thumb.jpg.fa34ef5725289b0288cd4bfb2fd68a97.jpg

Edited by Boghead ranter

Wee bit concerning to see Froxy's agent saying on the Facebook group that he knows no players have been offered deals yet by the club. Given they all had decent seasons I'd say that we're reducing our chances of keeping Carsy, Forbes, The SeaGal and Bobby Barr quite literally by the hour. Duffy really needs to get a move on and decide if he's sticking around or not. He must know by now. Surely.
Well that's massively encouraging.

I've no idea how long he's away for but I'd be surprised if he gives his decision before he returns. I may well be wrong but I just can't see it.

Either way, I can't help but thinking all this fannying around could cost us, especially if Duffy can't be arsed staying.

13 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Who says it’s duffys fault? With all the speculation around the clubs finances, perhaps it’s more to do with our directors trying to drag some money out of our owners?

Given that Brabco haven't put a penny into the club in *checks calendar* the 11 years they've been involved I can't see that changing now. Especially given their pie-in-the-sky Stadium idea has been rejected, and they've started acting like weans about the lighting plans for the Castle.

It feels to me like Duffy is waiting to see if a more attractive job comes up somewhere.