Sons' sorrow

Heard someone say Dom Thomas to Kelty Hearts but presumed it was shite

Someone on our thread claimed we’re interested in him but I’m not sure how likely that is.

Would be a waste of talent to drop down to that league when he could easily cut it in the Championship.

No chance of DT playing anywhere lower than the championship next season.

Also this season is technically still going, until the playoffs are decided I dont expect any in comings other than a few that re-sign. Start panicking at the start of next month when we dont have anyone or a manager signed up. Did we not go into the 1st friendly last year with something like 8 signed players??

I also see Ross Perry has signed for the Darvel Juniors revolution.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Also this season is technically still going, until the playoffs are decided I dont expect any in comings other than a few that re-sign. Start panicking at the start of next month when we dont have anyone or a manager signed up. Did we not go into the 1st friendly last year with something like 8 signed players??

We had 13 signed for the East Kilbride game - but Loy missed out through injury. Played a few trialists that day too (Beany, Little, Kieran Campbell and Dom McMeekin).

In all the excitement of last night, I almost forgot to express my relief at Grant Adam leaving. It's nothing personal, but I'm really pleased we won't have him between the sticks next season. I had thought Duffy rated him, so had almost resigned myself to us chucking a deal his way - so that's a positive start to the window.

Anyone else think Duffy's "give me a budget for promotion" line may backfire? If he stays, which I'm assuming he is considering he's releasing players, then we can assume the board have given him a suitable budget. Now fans will expect us to challenge. He's heaped pressure on himself when he could have played it down with the shape of the league next year.

Anyone else think Duffy's "give me a budget for promotion" line may backfire? If he stays, which I'm assuming he is considering he's releasing players, then we can assume the board have given him a suitable budget. Now fans will expect us to challenge. He's heaped pressure on himself when he could have played it down with the shape of the league next year.

I agree, but I’d rather a manager set himself up to make avoiding failure difficult than a manager who regards below par as acceptable.

17 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I agree, but I’d rather a manager set himself up to make avoiding failure difficult than a manager who regards below par as acceptable.

A fair point aye. He could have tempered his words slightly though, talk about building on the second half of the season and seeing where it takes us, if he didn't fancy the budget he could still walk away and say he didn't think he had enough to build. But I suppose you're right that we should look at it as a positive that Duffy wants to push us forward.

I agree entirely. With Raith/QOS, Falkirk and Peterhead, ‘challenging’ will be very difficult. Of course we should be aiming for that, but with the realistic caveat that play-offs would be the realistic aim.

With what Duffy’s said (unless he states to the contrary that we don’t have a competitive budget) most fans would expect us to challenge at the very top end, which in my opinion is unrealistic and as you say, heaps pressure on him and the team from the first kick.

5 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

They mentioned on Sportsound that Jim Duffy goes on holiday at 2.30pm today, immediately after he clocks off from co-commentator duties. Worrying that another few 'dead' weeks could be lost.

And what's the chances that any form of decision has been reached down at the rock... probably about as much as Rory Loy being handed a contract extension.

Duffy has been very public in saying he's only going to hang around if we have a budget that allows him to challenge for promotion. If he has indeed gone on holiday without confirming if he's staying then it would be in our best interests to turn our attention elsewhere.

What if his holiday was booked before he took the job ??

We had 13 signed for the East Kilbride game - but Loy missed out through injury. Played a few trialists that day too (Beany, Little, Kieran Campbell and Dom McMeekin).
In all the excitement of last night, I almost forgot to express my relief at Grant Adam leaving. It's nothing personal, but I'm really pleased we won't have him between the sticks next season. I had thought Duffy rated him, so had almost resigned myself to us chucking a deal his way - so that's a positive start to the window.

Your well aware of my thoughts on that “goalkeeper” [emoji23]

What if his holiday was booked before he took the job ??
When he booked the holiday is irrelevant. The issue isn't Duffy going on holiday, It's him confirming whether he's staying or going before he goes away. He may well have done that, he may not have. If the club had any sense they will have set a deadline of this weekend for his decision.

Normally if a manager is under contract you have nothing to worry about but the fact Duffy has been very public about only staying if the budget suits him means we need a quick answer. We can't afford to wait around on him sunning up his solar panel for 2 weeks in Vegas to turn around and tell us he doesn't fancy it upon his return.

FWIW with last night's announcement I'd like to think he's staying. It would be fairly ridiculous if we're allowing him to release players and offer contracts to others if he hasn't confirmed he's going to stay.