Sons' sorrow

144 hours since the end of the season, and all was quiet at DFC towers.
I had forgotten, in all the excitement of signing players, how dull the off season is for the most part [emoji20]
Aye, it's strangely quiet.

I mean talks may well have happened with the players but the fact we haven't heard anything so far is odd, and maybe a bit concerning. We're normally pretty sharpish at announcing the released list after the season ends but this season we must be one of, if not the only non playoff club not to have announced who's being punted or offered new deals.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, it's strangely quiet.

I mean talks may well have happened with the players but the fact we haven't heard anything so far is odd, and maybe a bit concerning. We're normally pretty sharpish at announcing the released list after the season ends but this season we must be one of, if not the only non playoff club not to have announced who's being punted or offered new deals.

It's odd. Aside from the Season Ticket story there's been absolutely nothing since the season ended. I would've even expected a wee story about Cammy Ballantyne moving on like we had for Tom Walsh last season, or something about DT making Team of the Season - but nope. Silence.

The players surely must know by now, above all else they'll want to know where they stand with regards to getting their futures sorted - either at DFC or elsewhere. Of League One teams who aren't involved in the playoffs it's just us and Peterhead who haven't dropped their released list yet.

28 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Do the C&G boys keep their jobs if they’re freed from Dumbarton ? 

On what grounds could C&G sack them? Genuinely amazed at the number of people who think the two jobs are intrinsically linked.

They employ footballers that play for a variety of clubs, it would be madness to only hire them when playing for us.
Not sacked, but I thought perhaps a back to back contract. 
Yeah I was always under the impression the C&G job was more of a lure to get them in the door and allow them to play part time for Dumbarton.

But as you say, if they leave Dumbarton, they can't really be sacked.
Unless of course, their contract with C&G was only for maybe a month or 2 longer than the football contract, in which case it might not be "renewed" if they move on.

I will translate the statement for those who can't be arsed reading it...

Duffy is sitting with his thumb up his arse and is still trying to decide whether he should stay or not, therefore we have zero news.

FWIW I think a lot of his tedious budget chat is a bit of a cover for him hanging around and waiting to see if any of the full-time teams want to take a punt on him.

Duffy has already said all he needs to.

His previous about staying and about wanting the board to back his ambition is telling. Falkirk are down. Raith or Queen of the South will be in the league with them. Those 2 will both run with full time, or at least heavily financed, squads.

Duffy knows this. He's not daft. His comments suggest that he's getting his excuses for walking away in early.