Sons' sorrow

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The aim now has to be to get 5th. There’s a £7k prize money difference between finishing 8th and finishing 5th. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at that extra £7k.

56E17F8A-3E22-4147-8C64-853868116F77.thumb.png.b4102478519a76629f5007f2d109c3b6.png

Absolutely.

Every penny counts right now.

And so it turned out less frantic than we had long feared, so well done to everyone concerned at DFC.
To be honest though, huge individual plaudits must go to Craig Barr and Dom Thomas for their contributions in helping us retain our Division One status.
Time soon to pause and draw breath before considering the challenges that lie ahead, but meantime we raise a glass to our club.

23 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

Is there a stat for what Duffy’s performance is compared to Aitken for this season?

Righty-ho. Decided to start my Sunday morning right by looking into it in detail, so here we are.

Posted yesterday, but the overall record looks like this:

Stevie Aitken: Played: 15. Won: 4. Drawn: 3. Lost: 8. 26.66% Win Ratio. 53.33% Loss Ratio

Jim Duffy: Played: 25. Won: 9. Drawn: 7. Lost: 9. 36% Win Ratio. 36% Loss Ratio

In League Games only:

Aitken: P9 W2 D2 L5. 22% Win Ratio

Duffy: P24 W9 D7 L8. 37.5% Win Ratio

Consistency.

Aitken's longest unbeaten run of league games as DFC manager: 4 (W1 D3 Jan - Feb 2017)/(W2 D2 - Nov - Dec 2017).

Duffy's longest unbeaten run of league games: 7 (January - March 2019 - W4, D3)

Attacking Games.

Stevie Aitken this season: Played 15. Goals For: 17. Avg = 1.13 per game in all comps. This rises to 1.33 only including league games (12/9).

Jim Duffy. Played 25. Goals For: 45. Avg = 1.8 per games in all comps. This rises to 1.88 only including league games (45/24).

Firing Blanks.

Dumbarton failed to score in 4 of Stevie Aitken's 15 games. 26.66%

Dumbarton failed to score in 6 of Jim Duffy's 25 games. 24%

Margin of victory.

Stevie Aitken - Win by one clear goal: 3 (75% of victories). Win by two clear goals: 1 (25% of victories). Win by >2 clear goals: 0. (0% of victories).

Jim Duffy -Win by one clear goal: 3 (33% of victories). Win by two clear goals: 2 (22% of victories). Win by >2 clear goals: 4 (44% of victories).

And here's a bit of a belter of a stat to finish things off. It's slightly unfair given how many of Aitken's games were in a higher league, but we'll go for it anyway.

Number of wins by more than one goal across his tenure (league games only).

Stevie Aitken 117 League Games in charge: 7 (5.98%). Alloa Athletic (0-2/3-1), Queen of the South (4-2), Raith Rovers (1-3/4-0), Brechin City (1-3), East Fife (0-2). Of those teams only Queen of the South and East Fife wouldn't end the season in the bottom two of the division. 

Jim Duffy 24 League Games in charge: 6 (25%). East Fife (4-0), Brechin City (4-1), Stranraer (0-3), Arbroath (2-0), Montrose (1-3), East Fife (3-0). None of those teams have been relegated, and only Brechin are in danger. Arbroath are Champions, Montrose are in the playoffs and East Fife have spent near enough the whole season in the top half. 

Edited by Ross Forbes

The aim now has to be to get 5th. There’s a £7k prize money difference between finishing 8th and finishing 5th. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at that extra £7k.
56E17F8A-3E22-4147-8C64-853868116F77.thumb.png.b4102478519a76629f5007f2d109c3b6.png

Does this graphic show the % as it's part of the total league payout? ie, League 1 gets 3.12% of the full budget? Shocking statistic really

6 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

£716, 000 total for a league of 10 teams for a whole year! There are overpaid Prima Donas in the EPL getting that for a week.

Folk wonder why our game is deteriorating!

Relegation from the Championship has cost us over £100k in 'prize money' alone, and that's not even including the factor of smaller crowds in League 1, drop in season tickets, hospitality etc.

Could even be double that figure

Anyway, now that the threat of relegation has wafted into the distance, just what is the scoop on Ross Perry - is he really Nicky Phinn's stepbrother ?
Not only that, but Michael Paton seems to have provided concrete evidence that the Bermuda Triangle extends to G82.
Willie Dyer has been suffering from a 6 month cold.

24 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyway, now that the threat of relegation has wafted into the distance, just what is the scoop on Ross Perry - is he really Nicky Phinn's stepbrother ?

Hit me today that Ross Perry has played fewer games for us this season than Craig Barr.

I can only assume that we're using the space from getting rid of the old kit to store him, Michael Paton and Willie Dyer until their contracts run out.

Dyer went missing after turning his back on a shot that ended up going in. Paton went missing after dangling a leg in a 50/50 in a vital game...Maybe Jim is just totally ruthless.

To be fair to Perry, he didn't ever let us down. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for the big guy.

News for book fans. On Friday a great new book comes out. It’s called Where’s Rory. There will be a hundred pictures from Dumbarton games this season and you can have hours of fun looking for Rory. Future books planned are Where’s Willie and Where’s Ross. There is a foreword from Nicky Phinn. Order your copy now.

That’s a classy article from Jim, and nice to see him paying tribute to both the directors and the fans. It’s true that he’s not had any doubters screaming at him at games, the fans and players really trust him and bought into his ideas, and nobody can question the job he’s done since the turn of the year.

I’d still not be surprised to see him moving on at the end of the season, but he certainly seems to have enjoyed his time with us - and that’s nice to read.

Hopefully he celebrates his 60th by dressing up in his first touchline attire...

That reads to me like it's no certainty he'll be our gaffer next season. Sounds like he wants to know if we want to go up or if finishing mid-table is fine again. I suspect he's looking at potentially 3 or 4 full-time/hybrid squads in this league if Alloa and Montrose or Forfar make themselves Championship sides.