Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, optimistic said:

Anyone else think Duffy will chuck it after the season ends?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave. I can't really put my finger on why, it's just a gut feeling.

Could be miles off it though. He strikes me as the sort of guy who would be open with the board about his future though, which is positive, because the last thing we need is to spend a few weeks trying to get a manager in when we've got no players signed up. Especially with a full-time team likely coming down, and the potential of Peterhead and Clyde (both with healthy budgets you'd imagine) coming up.

Dunno, is he not supposed to be tied up to the end of next season?

Tbh... I think the season we've just had would enough to make most managers run for the hills (one notable ginger headed exception, of course).

Dunno, is he not supposed to be tied up to the end of next season?

Tbh... I think the season we've just had would enough to make most managers run for the hills (one notable ginger headed exception, of course).

End of this season I’m sure, I’m just worried about how struggling we are financially, and fully expecting a major cull of the squad, and bringing in a lot of much cheaper options. I’d love him to stay, and build his own squad, plus, his Clyde 1 gig may suit all parties.

17 hours ago, optimistic said:

I think this will be influenced by whether the man himself still seeks a full-time position in management, if he does then we can't oblige on that one.  Also, as I've already posted, managing DFC is a difficult job right now as we essentially have local Directors trying to square a circle of not having enough money to run the club the way we would all want it, both on and off the pitch, with owners in the background who appear to have absolutely no interest or appetite for helping them do it.  As long as that situation drags on it may not matter too greatly who is in the dugout.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

Is there a stat for what Duffy’s performance is compared to Aitken for this season?

I'll do it in a lot more detail, but on a basic level:

Aitken: P15 W4 D3 L8 (26% win ratio)

Duffy: P25 W9 D7 L9 (36% win ratio)

The difference in goals scored will be massive though I'd imagine. What a difference it makes having a manager who attacks game. 

We've also only lost twice since Duffy brought in his own players at the end of January.