Sons' sorrow

Yes, I am here. 
I'm not sure that I want to "name names" with regard to who has been contacted about this matter. I'm a sort of "semi-agent" having been asked to find things out and keep my mate apprised. Likewise, he has been telling me how things are going (on the surface, I suspect).
The response he received - and I know not from who - and which I posted here last was to a request for an Easter meeting. Whether the suggestion that he should move before then is bluff neither of us know. He contacted me with this information yesterday to find out if I knew anything about it.
I'll keep you updated.
Damn - two hours and thirty-seven minutes still to go.  (And Neil Rankine EATS breakfast so I'm unlikely to be with him.)

Are you able to reveal if it is one of the following:

Man or woman?
Local businessperson (current)?
Local businessperson (retired)?
Local railway person?
Local whisky person?
Or a Fifer?

Yes, I am here. 
I'm not sure that I want to "name names" with regard to who has been contacted about this matter. I'm a sort of "semi-agent" having been asked to find things out and keep my mate apprised. Likewise, he has been telling me how things are going (on the surface, I suspect).
The response he received - and I know not from who - and which I posted here last was to a request for an Easter meeting. Whether the suggestion that he should move before then is bluff neither of us know. He contacted me with this information yesterday to find out if I knew anything about it.
I'll keep you updated.
Damn - two hours and thirty-seven minutes still to go.  (And Neil Rankine EATS breakfast so I'm unlikely to be with him.)
Well, thanks for responding, but as we all know football clubs act as a semi-permanent magnet for all sorts of wannabes, fantasists and chancers [emoji6]

To be honest, and I can't believe I'm writing this, I could think of worse people than Neil Rankine to buy out Brabco. If Rankine had any intention of finishing us he'd have done it when he sold us last time. That said, Brabco's silence ever since their dream move was kiboshed was always worrying. f**k knows what they have planned, but if your pal has 3 times the amount Brabco are looking for can we all chip in to get him a few pints in return for saving the club?

Heard a wee rumour our stadium move may still be a goer

Apologise for disturbing your stadium chat but how is young David Ferguson doing for use? We are likely going to be looking for a replacement for Liam Smith who will be off to bigger and better things or Dundee United so wondering if DF can come in and be a starter at championship level. 

Apologise for disturbing your stadium chat but how is young David Ferguson doing for use? We are likely going to be looking for a replacement for Liam Smith who will be off to bigger and better things or Dundee United so wondering if DF can come in and be a starter at championship level. 
I really like him, he's a solid 7/10 kind of guy.

I'm not entirely sure how he'll get on at Championship level but he seems pretty competent at doing the basics right. He doesn't take many risks in terms of bombing forward but he's prone to the odd forray up the park.

He's pretty much one of the first names on the teamsheet for us at the minute. If he doesn't look to have a future at Ayr I'd be delighted to see us sign him.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He's been solid aye, doubt you'll find many who wouldn't have him back. Not sure he's Championship level but he may well do a fine job.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ferguson got off to a bit of a shaky start with us but over the past 6 games or so he has really come on to a game and has dealt with everything thrown at him pretty well and comfortably. He is one of the players I would like to see us keep for next season but I don't think we will get the opportunity to do so.

I think he could be a decent championship right back.

Ferguson got off to a bit of a shaky start with us but over the past 6 games or so he has really come on to a game and has dealt with everything thrown at him pretty well and comfortably. He is one of the players I would like to see us keep for next season but I don't think we will get the opportunity to do so.
To be fair to him he was being used as a centre back to begin with and it was fairly obvious he wasn't completely comfortable there.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
5 minutes ago, super-son said:

To be fair to him he was being used as a centre back to begin with and it was fairly obvious he wasn't completely comfortable there.

I completely agree. Sorry I meant to mention that.

6 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

Man or woman?
Local businessperson (current)?
Local businessperson (retired)?
Local railway person?
Local whisky person?
Or a Fifer?

Male (or he  was I'm sure the last time he looked).

Local person if you term his  Drymen upbringing as "local".  (Hence why I know him.)

Current self-employed person  although based in mid-France. Regularly returns to visit family hence the reason for an Easter meeting - the next time he can make it home.

Nothing to do with railways but give him a bottle of malt and a straw and I'm sure he'll be happy.

Fifer?  Eh, no.

If anyone wants look back through my previous nonsensical postings you will see I've mentioned his interest before. And as I have had to confirm to "certain persons" yes, he does have the money.  He wants to see DFC continue - not as something that will make him rich(er).

Sorry that I can't be more specific but you will understand that the process of due diligence is ongoing at both ends.

Remember the Salmon Leap Inn? Now you have a pretty good idea.

4 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

Local person if you term his  Drymen upbringing as "local".  (Hence why I know him.)

Current self-employed person  although based in mid-France. Regularly returns to visit family hence the reason for an Easter meeting - the next time he can make it home.

Nothing to do with railways but give him a bottle of malt and a straw and I'm sure he'll be happy.

Fifer?  Eh, no.

If anyone wants look back through my previous nonsensical postings you will see I've mentioned his interest before. And as I have had to confirm to "certain persons" yes, he does have the money.  He wants to see DFC continue - not as something that will make him rich(er).

Sorry that I can't be more specific but you will understand that the process of due diligence is ongoing at both ends.

Great stuff OS...lets just hope it all works out favourably in the end.Could be a major turning point  for the club interms of stability.

Fifer?  Eh, no.
Ol Scrote [emoji122]

9 hours ago, Always the Sons said:

The question is did Moonster dive or did Jordo pole axe him ?

49 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

In fairness the ref did consult var before confirming that moonster was clearly impeded. Yet again on this thread the officials are questioned . Why no card for jordo. 

Obvious contact, clear goal scoring opportunity, had to be a straight red for the big man.

In fairness the ref did consult var before confirming that moonster was clearly impeded. Yet again on this thread the officials are questioned . Why no card for jordo. 

Further evidence that despite the assistance of technology, officials still get the big decisions wrong.

Robbed. It’s the punters you feel for though.