Sons' sorrow

Horrible way to drop points. On the balance of play over 90 minutes it's difficult not to look at Raith being more than a little fortunate tonight.
Whilst I agree it was a complete pisser and 2 points dropped based on the way it panned out, I'm not sure we can begrudge Raith a point on the balance of play.

They had more possession, more shots on target, more shots off target, more corners and in the 2nd half in particular we really struggled to get into the final third. The only real 2nd half chance we had was an absolute shocker of an effort from Thomas. I don't think we played badly, far from it, but at the same time I don't think they robbed us. They were more than worth their point tonight.

13 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

A steward just took it, but went im the side gate with it.

Was that the follicly-challenged chap who was on the home turnstiles? If so I heard him tell the little drummer boy and the end of the match to "keep that thing at home next time!"

I've got to say, while I admire their enthusiasm  I'm starting to  be won over to the "ban the drum" brigade, especially when it is accompanied by the banging on the metal walls of the stand. Jackie the Head Steward - lovely girl, always good for a cuddle - was looking non too happy when that was going on. The problem is that we only have one stand and everybody in the home end has to like it or lump it. In other grounds where drums are permitted you have a choice to sit elsewhere. I think I'll bring along my 1960s wooden football rattle and see what happens. Or, I know where I can lay my hands on a vuvuzela although I think these are actually banned at Scottish football grounds like all fun things - bringing in drink, invading the pitch after a goal..............

(I remember when the metal advertising boards were installed on the wall around the pitch at Boghead and immediately became a source of rhythmic accompaniment to the community singing.)

Would have taken a point beforehand but it was a sore way to lose all three. Can't grumble about the result on the night, though.

I think Thomas has to stop trying to get out of tight spots by playing the short, easy pass instead of trying to wriggle through the crowd or continually looking for Forbes. He gave the ball away too often that way, especially in the second half.

Mr.  Angry's evening classic:  the ball is passed back to the Raith 'keeper from half-way and he has no-one within about 30 yards of him. Up leaps Mr. Angry and yells "DON'T LET HIM TURN!!!!!!!!"

Although, to be fair, that did seem to be his 'phrase of the evening'.

Is there a drum present?
Ah well, I arrived, heard it and left.
Jeez, for someone who didn't want the drum discussed any more you fair bring it up a lot.
Was that the follicly-challenged chap who was on the home turnstiles? If so I heard him tell the little drummer boy and the end of the match to "keep that thing at home next time!"
I've got to say, while I admire their enthusiasm  I'm starting to  be won over to the "ban the drum" brigade, especially when it is accompanied by the banging on the metal walls of the stand. Jackie the Head Steward - lovely girl, always good for a cuddle - was looking non too happy when that was going on. The problem is that we only have one stand and everybody in the home end has to like it or lump it. In other grounds where drums are permitted you have a choice to sit elsewhere. I think I'll bring along my 1960s wooden football rattle and see what happens. Or, I know where I can lay my hands on a vuvuzela although I think these are actually banned at Scottish football grounds like all fun things - bringing in drink, invading the pitch after a goal..............
(I remember when the metal advertising boards were installed on the wall around the pitch at Boghead and immediately became a source of rhythmic accompaniment to the community singing.)

The club has two choices really, let them have their fun with the rest of us ignoring it or ban the drum and potentially lose 20 or so young fans who choose not to come back. They don't come for the free flowing football on display or the glory of lifting trophies on a yearly basis, they come to have an enjoyable few hours with their pals. It's cheap and accessible for them and they could still be coming to games in 20 years time. They are wee boys who are just wanting to head to the game with their mates and have a laugh. Myself and a few others were in their boat one day and most of us still go.

It's definitely becoming a tedious subject now, especially when there is so much other shit going on, both on the park and off it.

Drumgate is really a bit pathetic. A few wee guys who want to come along and support their local team and make a bit of noise in the process.
I understand wilf has explained his health conditions previously however football stadiums aren't designed to be quiet. If folk want to bring a drum so be it. There are numerous stadiums around the world where full bands get in and play for 90mins. Iv watched lots of games where the noise coming from the band/supporters is a hell of a lot more irritating than a few young guys banging a drum.
We should be welcoming them in with open arms, as BBPF says, some of us won't be around in 20/30 years so they may be the guys keeping the club going.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If we'd won last night I could forgive some fans for starting to think we could do it, but there's no way we're making up the probable 10+ points on East Fife now IMO. I'd bite your banger for 8th.

I completely agree with you, but remember that time we finished above Morton who were 10 points ahead with four games to go? Survival in this division will do just fine by me.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jeez, for someone who didn't want the drum discussed any more you fair bring it up a lot.

I only "brought it up" to find out if it was present last night. If it wasn't I would have attended, if it was I wasn't going to. Unfortunately it took me a 16-mile round trip to discover that it was.