Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Froxy has signed for Haringey Borough.

The Isthmian League Premier Division will never be the same again.

Edit: He'll be teammates with Kudos Oyenuga, who loved a goal against us, so there you go.

I lived in Haringey about 25 years ago. There were excellent Greek bakeries that sold pastries filled with spinach, ricotta and something sweet that I wasn't sure of. Still one of the best things I've ever eaten.

22 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Hearing a defender is on the way in.... name rhymes with Mrian BcLean.. 

He's been playing for a club in Brunei who play in Singapore, which is fantastic.  Good experience, just depends on whether he still has legs.

Can only assume that Ross Perry is completely crocked then hence we're bringing in another defender.  If McLean still has his fitness though I'd be considering dropping Henk for him, not convinced the big man is good enough and I fear he's a disaster waiting to happen.  I accept that might be a bit harsh on the guy, he's giving us his all no doubt, but positionally I worry about him.

Edited by The Moonster

22 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Hearing a defender is on the way in.... name rhymes with Mrian BcLean.. 

Having Googled him I'm 99% he was in the away end on Saturday. Maybe he was the guy @cedrick1 noticed pre-match too? 

Be interesting to see if it means anyone's on the way out. As Moonster says McLean and Mango would be a smashing pairing at this level.

I like Henk, but he's very, very raw and you're never quite sure what he's going to do when he's asked to defend.

Edited by Ross Forbes

Can only assume that Ross Perry is completely crocked then hence we're bringing in another defender. 

I thought the same but if he was clocked at Bayview on Saturday then he must have been lined up before Perry got injured.

Bit of a weird one, do we need another centre half? We have Ferguson, Barr, Henk, Perry and Carswell who can all play there. Perhaps Duffy isn't confident seeing out the season with Henk as first choice and felt like he needed someone better? Perhaps he isn't confident in Perry or Barr being able to stay fit for the the rest of season?

Above all else does anyone know if he's actually any good? He doesn't seem to have played regularly at any sort of decent level for about 4 or 5 years.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought the same but if he was clocked at Bayview on Saturday then he must have been lined up before Perry got injured.

Fair point. Does seem a bit strange. With Perry looking crocked, Barr being unreliable and Ferguson/Henk being less than convincing at centre half he may well feel he needs some depth in there. Knowing our financial state though, it either means some kindhearted soul has put forward some cash or someone is on their way out. I can't really think of anyone I'd be happy to release other than Loy or Beanie.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair point. Does seem a bit strange. With Perry looking crocked, Barr being unreliable and Ferguson/Henk being less than convincing at centre half he may well feel he needs some depth in there. Knowing our financial state though, it either means some kindhearted soul has put forward some cash or someone is on their way out. I can't really think of anyone I'd be happy to release other than Loy or Beanie.

I've been told a name about who appears to be on the way out but not sure I trust it.  

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't mind letting go of Paton but only if we could get another wide player in to cover for Forbes and Barr.

I had heard there was a new player on Saturday and am also 99% confident this guy was in the stand on Saturday. As was Jocky Scott for whatever reason.

There was a guy warming up with Beany before the game...he sat in the stand and watched the game

No idea who he is but rumoured to be signing this week

Looked like a defender