Sons' sorrow

I see that Barr appears to be on some sort of lads holiday. Not entirely sure how I feel about that during a relegation battle. Considering he's most likely our highest earner I'd like to think we wont be paying him fully for the last week.

I vaguely remember him being allowed miss half of pre season to swan off on holiday as well.

I see that Barr appears to be on some sort of lads holiday. Not entirely sure how I feel about that during a relegation battle. Considering he's most likely our highest earner I'd like to think we wont be paying him fully for the last week.

I vaguely remember him being allowed miss half of pre season to swan off on holiday as well.

Apparently it’s a wedding he was attending

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
3 hours ago, optimistic said:

Apparently it’s a wedding he was attending

Aye, apparently.

Wouldn't be that much of a surprise if it had been agreed that he could have the time off before Duffy came in and he has just honoured the agreement that was there.

Found it slightly unusual that it didn't mention anything in the match preview though.

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Found it slightly unusual that it didn't mention anything in the match preview though.

It's become obvious to me in recent years that the team news in the match preview isn't really for us fans.  The match preview is more of a "what do we want the other team knowing" preview than anything accurate about who's actually available. I imagine Duffy lets the club know what info he wants put in there and we just go with it. It can lead to frustrations for fans but I understand it.

IMO under Ian Murray, our previews were much less informative, I was sure he would put things in there just for a wind up. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It's become obvious to me in recent years that the team news in the match preview isn't really for us fans.  The match preview is more of a "what do we want the other team knowing" preview than anything accurate about who's actually available. I imagine Duffy lets the club know what info he wants put in there and we just go with it. It can lead to frustrations for fans but I understand it.

IMO under Ian Murray, our previews were much less informative, I was sure he would put things in there just for a wind up. 

That's true. I remember sometimes reading stuff and thinking "They just made that up" :lol:

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Duffy regularly said we had no injury concerns on a Thursday before games, only for 2/3 to be out every week that picked up "niggles" in training on the Friday morning.