Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Good morning everyone. Nice to see the social media response to Saturday’s draw is as measured as ever.

IMG_0731.jpg

I'm expecting further meltdowns if we continue this weird new fixation of announcing birth anniversaries for ex-players who managed a handful of forgettable appearances.  :huh:

5 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I'm expecting further meltdowns if we continue this weird new fixation of announcing birth anniversaries for ex-players who managed a handful of forgettable appearances.  :huh:

I did find it annoying at first, but it's riled a few people online - so for that reason alone I have no issue with us continuing.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
14 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Good morning everyone. Nice to see the social media response to Saturday’s draw is as measured as ever.

Another Sons fan who can be filed under the loonball category. We must have the highest proportion of nutcases vs normal people of any club in Scotland.

Agreed.

Any other fans reading this are more than welcome to submit their application. I'm confident in our case.

I’m hoping we continue it, in fact, I hope we start wishing other teams players in our league a happy Birthday too.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

IMG_0731.thumb.jpg.2cda165daa682d9961465bcca4ccba35.jpg

Another Sons fan who can be filed under the loonball category. We must have the highest proportion of nutcases vs normal people of any club in Scotland.

Someone who would appear to have a very tenuous grasp of the realities of running a fitba' club.  He would also seem to have a troubled relationship with grammar and spelling.

I see no issue in the birthday thing, it can only help the knowledge of DFC’s next generation, as it does me, reading about the players that are posted on here, by ok1, and howlin wilf for example.

What if the club invited a lot of these guys to the hospitality, do we think we’d sell it out more? Just a thought, happens at ibrox/parkhead

I see no issue in the birthday thing, it can only help the knowledge of DFC’s next generation, as it does me, reading about the players that are posted on here, by ok1, and howlin wilf for example.

What if the club invited a lot of these guys to the hospitality, do we think we’d sell it out more? Just a thought, happens at ibrox/parkhead

It would need to be club legends rather than guys who played ten times over two seasons

I'm thinking of guys like Craig Brittain, Paddy Flannery (recent fb posts aside), Andy Brown...

3 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Perhaps a separate 'birthday' twitter handle could be set up, specifically covering current, ex- and deceased playing staff. The main account could be kept free for actual news.

And, as i understand it, we already invite ex-players along for the occasional round of hospitality. I don't see any issue with that.

31 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Perhaps a separate 'birthday' twitter handle could be set up, specifically covering current, ex- and deceased playing staff. The main account could be kept free for actual news.

I find it quite easy just to scroll past the post without my head bursting, others seem to have some trouble with that. It's a strange thing for people to get upset about.

3 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:
4 hours ago, aftershocker said:
It would need to be club legends rather than guys who played ten times over two seasons

I'm thinking of guys like Craig Brittain, Paddy Flannery (recent fb posts aside), Andy Brown...

Stevie Bonar, Isaac English etc

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I find it quite easy just to scroll past the post without my head bursting, others seem to have some trouble with that. It's a strange thing for people to get upset about.

It's Axel Orrström's birthday on the 13th April BTW. 

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:
6 hours ago, aftershocker said:

Stevie Bonar, Isaac English etc

Stevie Bonar was much closer to the Flannery and Brown category than the Isaac English category.

Edited by FifeSons