Sons' sorrow

Awrite lads?

I don’t want to bring up too many bad memories for some of you, but I was looking to get as much information or antidotes as possible on a man with one of the worst managerial records ever, James Fallon.

I’ve got a copy of The Sons Of The Rock in the house, (Updated Version,) which is great, but anything on his sensationally inept spell at Dumbarton would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Obviously it's a totally different window, and he's working with a totally different budget, but it's interesting that Duffy's signings have all been young guys: Armour (20), Henk (21), Ferguson (22), Boris (22), Brennan (24).

Ahem...

On 17/01/2019 at 15:03, The Moonster said:

I expect Duffy's signing policy to be very different. Young, fit guys with energy and a point to prove. Armour certainly fits that bill, so hopefully with a few more additions and a few games together we'll start to see some matches that don't make your eyes bleed.

I don't want to say I called it, but I fucking called it.

50 minutes ago, TheChase said:
2 hours ago, Sons FC said:
There was discussion about the club going out of business around the 15th January - you even contributed to it.

Naw he didnae

Of course he did - he said if the club went out of business he wouldn't support a phoenix club.

2 hours ago, TheChase said:
2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:
Nade's situation was completely different because there was a conflict of interest regarding our assistant.
I'd take him too for what it's worth...

How

Because Nade's accused incident involved a relation of our then assistant. There was no way they could have worked together.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I had a wee look back to the 15th of January and here's what I said:

The discussion was about our poor turnout and why fans don't come back when we do well but desert us when we do poorly.  I cannot for the life of me see anyone predicting the club going out of business or being wound up - the only thing I can see is O'Kelly Isley saying that the Scottish game at the lower end is slowly dying, but that isn't a statement exclusive to Dumbarton.

This is not all about you - you are very positive mainly - OKI mentioned Dumbarton not being in a different position to other companies going out of business, implying that the club could go out of business. Others commented on the club being an amateur club in 50 years time and to the ground being demolished at which point you mentioned you would not support a phoenix club.

19 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Of course he did - he said if the club went out of business he wouldn't support a phoenix club.

The question was "in the event our ground was demolished..." that's not anyone saying the ground will be demolished, it's hypothetical discussion.  In my reply to that question I actually state that I don't see the club going out of business! It's not any different to BSF asking what we all felt our strongest 11 would be if Thomas came back, it's just discussion, not predictions of imminent demise.

Anyway, hopefully we can get 3 points tomorrow and we'll all have something positive to talk about next week!

Awrite lads?

I don’t want to bring up too many bad memories for some of you, but I was looking to get as much information or antidotes as possible on a man with one of the worst managerial records ever, James Fallon.

I’ve got a copy of The Sons Of The Rock in the house, (Updated Version,) which is great, but anything on his sensationally inept spell at Dumbarton would be greatly appreciated.

To call it shambolic would be too nice, it was a fucking calamity! Appointed before our top of the table clash against Dunfermline(3rd game of the season), we lost 4-0 and that laid the foundations of his reign. From then until the end of the season we got one win, two draws and 31 defeats including losing every single one of our last twenty games which was from 16th December onwards.

Unbelievably, he kept his job after and led us into the 96/97 season in (now) League 1. He resigned in early November after winning just 6 points from the opening 12 games.

His overall record in his 15 month tenure is P51 W3 D5 L43 F34 A124.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Awrite lads?

image.png.49cda0c8083d14c8fec12f8ae38b9650.png

Because Nade's accused incident involved a relation of our then assistant. There was no way they could have worked together.
Innocent until proven guilty IMO so aye they could have worked together.
The question was "in the event our ground was demolished..." that's not anyone saying the ground will be demolished, it's hypothetical discussion.  In my reply to that question I actually state that I don't see the club going out of business! It's not any different to BSF asking what we all felt our strongest 11 would be if Thomas came back, it's just discussion, not predictions of imminent demise.
Anyway, hopefully we can get 3 points tomorrow and we'll all have something positive to talk about next week!
3 points tomorrow? Aye, hopefully. Good to see Jon Thomas return alongside Herr Duffys other additions. However if we are to progress I feel that we need to keep Kyle Hutton as far away from the pitch as possible. Slows down everything to walking pace and is generally awful.

Hopefully we'll see;

Brennan
Ballantyne C.Barr Henk Ferguson
Forbes Carswell Thomson B.Barr
Thomas
Boris

23 minutes ago, TheChase said:
33 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:
That's just a little bit ridiculous...

What aspect of innocent until proven guilty do you not understand?

That isn't relevant at all. There was no way Nade was going to continue to work with Durrant (or vice versa) whilst the trial was ongoing.

When did I say I don't understand it?

That isn't relevant at all. There was no way Nade was going to continue to work with Durrant (or vice versa) whilst the trial was ongoing.
When did I say I don't understand it?
When you said "That's just a little bit ridiculous..." shows a complete disregard or understanding how a professional business/company operates. If anything both Nade & Durrant should have stayed away during the investigation, given the conflict of interest.

When you said "That's just a little bit ridiculous..." shows a complete disregard or understanding how a professional business/company operates. If anything both Nade & Durrant should have stayed away during the investigation, given the conflict of interest.

Durrant wasn’t involved in the case in any way though so you can’t tell him to stay away.