Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Johnny Red said:
If we are to be signing anyone else this week, I’m thinking Boris Melingui will be on the cards.

That’s a random one. Though I suppose he fits the mystery criteria Sarti mentioned earlier in the thread...

Tore us to shreds at the Glebe in August, but doesn’t seem to have done much else. No harm in taking a look if it is him though.

Edited by Ross Forbes

I think the Kyle Hutton thing has two sides; on the one hand he is steadily drifting down the football ladder, and most weeks we see the hard evidence of that, but against that I'm guessing that he's a very honest professional who turns up for training and does what's asked of him. When you are a Manager of a small part-time squad these qualities are considerable. He's probably also a decent guy personality in the dressing room, and we need to remember that he's been playing through an injury.

8 hours ago, RockMusic said:

To hell with who's shite and who isn't. Why the fee- eck are you lot not listening to The Brian Jonestown Massacre all night???

Because they're not that good?

As much as I'm no Dandy Warhols fan, I'd pick them over Brian Jonestown Massacre all day long.

Way better bands out there.

32 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Because they're not that good?

As much as I'm no Dandy Warhols fan, I'd pick them over Brian Jonestown Massacre all day long.

Way better bands out there.

I'm off to see the Dandy Warhols on Wednesday. As good as they are, I prefer BJM.  Check out a YouTube channel called Captain Beefart (that is the correct spelling). They guy that runs it has collected so many good psychedelic bands from around the world.  Some excellent bands including The Psychedelic Schafferson Jetplane, Los Acidos and The Dandelions. So many other good stuff too.

7 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

I'm off to see the Dandy Warhols on Wednesday. As good as they are, I prefer BJM.  Check out a YouTube channel called Captain Beefart (that is the correct spelling). They guy that runs it has collected so many good psychedelic bands from around the world.  Some excellent bands including The Psychedelic Schafferson Jetplane, Los Acidos and The Dandelions. So many other good stuff too.

If you want good modern psych then the obvious options are The Black Angels and The OhSees (or however they're spelling their name this month).

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If you want good modern psych then the obvious options are The Black Angels and The OhSees (or however they're spelling their name this month).

Good stuff. I'll get them checked out pronto. Maybe even before today's match, wife permitting.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the Kyle Hutton thing has two sides; on the one hand he is steadily drifting down the football ladder, and most weeks we see the hard evidence of that, but against that I'm guessing that he's a very honest professional who turns up for training and does what's asked of him. When you are a Manager of a small part-time squad these qualities are considerable. He's probably also a decent guy personality in the dressing room, and we need to remember that he's been playing through an injury.

Agree with all you say here, if he's been playing with an injury though, now might be the time to let him get that seen to with hopefully Barr and Henk (Perry when required) being the guys at the back and Carswell/Thomson/Forbes as options for centre midfield. I've no idea what his injury is but playing through it can't be helping matters, get him on to the injury table and get him fit for the run in which is looking to be utterly huge for us.

4 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Did we actually appoint Craig Barr as captain or are we all just assuming that he’s the natural replacement?

I personally think his leadership skills are far better than Dowie’s anyway.

He was our vice under Aitken, so that's why he's named as captain on today's infographic. For me he's the natural choice, he leads by example, is vocal during games and picked up Players' POTY last season - so clearly had the respect of the squad.

I have a feeling Duffy will favour Hutton though.