Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

We aren't signing anyone today, are we?

As im in full Ivan Golac chillled mode i will repeat my advice to you to chill too.At least 2 new faces will be in by Saturday.That plus others returning from injury means we ought to have a fit 11 plus a few options on the bench.Same as its been all season.It is precarious , aye, but not a lot to be done.I am however optimistic we shall stay up even if it won't be pretty.Im right behind the management and team and would urge everyone to rally as much as they can.

It is precarious , aye, but not a lot to be done.

Well technically there is, our manager could replace the players who have left with new ones. Two players isn't enough, the same way Aitken's squad of 17 or 18 he was wanting to run with wasn't enough.
Not being able to fill a bench is amateur stuff and is putting ourselves at a real disadvantage, especially when we have injuries currently and will pick up more injuries as the season progresses.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Well technically there is, our manager could replace the players who have left with new ones. Two players isn't enough, the same way Aitken's squad of 17 or 18 he was wanting to run with wasn't enough.
Not being able to fill a bench is amateur stuff and is putting ourselves at a real disadvantage, especially when we have injuries currently and will pick up more injuries as the season progresses.

I was referring to finance and the time factor.We have very little of either.If we had the cash we would be in a better situ but alas we dont and that wont change in the next 8 days,Still im optimistic and fully supportive of the management and rhe players we have.

I was referring to finance and the time factor.We have very little of either.If we had the cash we would be in a better situ but alas we dont and that wont change in the next 8 days,Still im optimistic and fully supportive of the management and rhe players we have.
Finances - 4 wages freed up.

Time factor - months to plan, 31 days to sign what we need. It's our own fault we've left it to the arse end of the window to do our business.

We may will still sign the amount of players we need, but 2 isn't enough.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Finances - 4 wages freed up.

Time factor - months to plan, 31 days to sign what we need. It's our own fault we've left it to the arse end of the window to do our business.

We may will still sign the amount of players we need, but 2 isn't enough.

2 before Saturdayis what i heard possibly more before the window closes.More than likely 6 out with 4 in.(Little,Spencer, Mcgowan,Dowie,Allardice,Thomas).The quality of the signings will be crucial as the squad we have lacks that.The trick is for the manager to sell the club the best he can.Not easy when u r in our predicament.

Cant agree with you though about it being our fault for leaving it late.That is out of our hands as we are well down the pecking order of attractiveness to players.Also Premier league loanees will only become available when their managers have sorted out their own recruitment.I think you agree that Januaary is not the best time to recruit.If i were to point blame it would be our summer transfer activity.Wouldnt criticize JD or the board right now personally.

10 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

As im in full Ivan Golac chillled mode i will repeat my advice to you to chill too.At least 2 new faces will be in by Saturday.That plus others returning from injury means we ought to have a fit 11 plus a few options on the bench.Same as its been all season.It is precarious , aye, but not a lot to be done.I am however optimistic we shall stay up even if it won't be pretty.Im right behind the management and team and would urge everyone to rally as much as they can.

I remember the good ol' days where you were the prophet of doom and I was full of optimism ;)

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

I remember the good ol' days where you were the prophet of doom and I was full of optimism ;)

LOL the prophet of doom may not be all that wrong the way the club sits financially.However its more our AWOL/UNCARING  owners than the finances that are the real worry as DFC has never exactly been flush throughout its history.

For any negative feelings or anxiety may i recommend one of Ivan Golac's Serbian cigarettes?

I wonder who the one from Dunfermline was?

I’m more annoyed about the line ‘the reason for Aitken’s downfall’ when mentioning Dumbarton’s injury list. Without wanting to go over old ground, that wasn’t the ‘reason’. It was a factor but that’s all, several other reasons were more critical in his removal.

Anyway, anyone seen Froxy at Morrison’s yet?

I started watching the Sunderland documentary on Netflix the other day (which is excellent btw).

There were certainly some parallels between our plights. A striker returning to his parent club because he didn't fancy a relegation scrap, manager sacked after 10 games, facing a successive relegation, dwindling attendances, an owner who refuses to invest a penny...

Edited by FifeSons