Sons' sorrow

I see that the Facebook group is still in full flow, with our man Mr Welsh in full flow. Honest to God that page is bad for my health :lol:

Stellar job to the P&B Sons who have taken the time to respond. I've just jumped in again - I struggle to sit and read some of the mindblowing madness that's going on.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

I see that the Facebook group is still in full flow, with our man Mr Welsh in full flow. Honest to God that page is bad for my health :lol:

Stellar job to the P&B Sons who have taken the time to respond. I've just jumped in again - I struggle to sit and read some of the mindblowing madness that's going on.

"If we half our prices we might more than double attendances because other clubs have done it"

Not sure what club(s) that is...

8 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

"If we half our prices we might more than double attendances because other clubs have done it"

Not sure what club(s) that is...

I have enquired about that. Whoever it is I think our board should be having a chat with their board, clearly they're fantastic at attracting new fans...

My reply to the eejit was thus for those furth of Facebook: “I cast my mind back to wee Jackie the road sweeper in Dumbarton in the70s. “Are you going to the Dumbarton game Jackie? “ “Naw they widnae come and see me if ah wiz bad”. Jackie was a fairly simple soul, however it was a good joke in it’s day. To resurrect it and be serious is puzzling to say the least.

7 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

My reply to the eejit was thus for those furth of Facebook: “I cast my mind back to wee Jackie the road sweeper in Dumbarton in the70s. “Are you going to the Dumbarton game Jackie? “ “Naw they widnae come and see me if ah wiz bad”. Jackie was a fairly simple soul, however it was a good joke in it’s day. To resurrect it and be serious is puzzling to say the least.

Please reply to Mr McKechnie's "that was clearly a dig at me" comment with a simple "Yes it was" :lol:

I left that group but went back to look tonight.

It's not any better, but for me the biggest issue is that there's nothing but rumour and hearsay about the club; it's ownership and it's finances.

If folk don't know how skint we are then of course they'll assume we've got a magic cheque book that compels players to tear up contracts, that attracts the best managers, funds transfer windows and that can replace injured senior players.

But the club can't say that they 're skint and the sonstrust won't, so folk remain uninformed and ignorant.

Look around; supporters are painting the stadium, sponsors are stepping in to fund players, supporters are running fundraisers every few months and there's talk of a managers fund.

My feeling is that the trust or the club should make a statement. The actions I can take would be to pay a match ticket as well as my season ticket, to support the fundraisers and to get behind the team.

Aitchison hasn’t played for the 1st team I believe so he is able to play for Alloa. I think it’s a development loan so he will also still be playing with Celtic reserves and training with them too. ( I think that’s how it works ) [emoji848]

I've noticed a few comments on the Facebook group that don't really make sense to me regarding a certain fan having a spot on the board. Do people not realise we already have a supporters rep on the board who does a hell of a lot of work? The supporter being discussed on the group certainly deserves credit but our current fans rep does a shit load of work for nothing and is the driving force behind recent fundraising efforts.

The lack of credit the guy gets never fails to astound me.

Positive wee update on the website. We beat Kilbirnie 3-0 with Carsy (!), Armour and a Trialist (sign him imo) scoring. Duffy confirms we'll bring a few players before Saturday, and Mango, Adam (:() and Perry all featured.

Also clears up the Willie Dyer rumours.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3921

Positive wee update on the website. We beat Kilbirnie 3-0 with Carsy (!), Armour and a Trialist (sign him imo) scoring. Duffy confirms we'll bring a few players before Saturday, and Mango, Adam ([emoji20]) and Perry all featured.
Also clears up the Willie Dyer rumours.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3921
That sounds promising.

It's also good to hear Dyer isn't on his death bed, despite the confidential rumours.