Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, optimistic said:

Thursday...training.....signing?

Highly doubt it. Maybe tomorrow. Would have thought the twitter would have given us some build up. Obviously new players may be at training but last week we announced Armour on Friday.

Edited by squeezeboxson

6 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I see Robbie mcrorie is to go out on loan, what’s the chances he ends up at us?

I'd like that a lot, but I suppose it depends on whether or not Rangers are looking to develop him, or will want his wages fully or partially covered.

If he comes to us he'll be guaranteed first choice. Not very many (or any?) other clubs in League One or above could offer that.

If McCrorie was coming for nothing then obviously we'd take him, but if we need to spend money on him I'd suggest that just about every other area of the pitch is more important.  I know that sounds absolutely batshit crazy when the only keeper we have on the books is crippled and we're depending on a week to week emergency loan to put someone in goals, but that's the sort of batshit crazy season we're having.

20 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of us deserve a club to support at all.

image.png.d8cf4894b4d96100b3904fbf9c0ab4d8.png

Really, really struggled not to respond to that. Absolutely incredible logic.

WHY SHOOD I HELP MY CLUB WHEN THEY WONT PAY MY BILLZ??!11!

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If McCrorie was coming for nothing then obviously we'd take him, but if we need to spend money on him I'd suggest that just about every other area of the pitch is more important.  I know that sounds absolutely batshit crazy when the only keeper we have on the books is crippled and we're depending on a week to week emergency loan to put someone in goals, but that's the sort of batshit crazy season we're having.

I totally agree with your point that despite how bad we are in the 'keeper area of our squad there are others we need in more. But possibly swapping Mcgowan for McCrorie would be an astute piece of business. I did say at Stenny a couple of weeks ago there must be a young goalie with a point to prove and improving to do that would be a better option to what we had (at the time). For me that's my issue with Smith too - he is on his way down and isn't going to get better at this stage on his career.

As already mentioned it all depends on finances.

So we are shaving a hard time as a club and as a group of supporters. But that comment is just fucking stupid.

Being a football supporter especially of a club like ours you have to take the good times with the bad times..granted the good times have be few and far between this season but that’s what being a “supporter” is all about.

I suspect that for Premier clubs there would be a desire to have loanees at Championship level rather than League One, and if Rangers couldn't agree a loan deal with United for McRorie 2 then I doubt we'd be in the frame.

I also think the coming week will go a long way to determining whether JD can locate the parachute ripcord, or whether the bungee jump continues.