Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I don't believe that one little bit. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. If the likes of David Goodwillie can find himself playing in League 2 then Nade could too.

Nade hasn’t had much of a chance to find another club since his case was resolved. No one was going to sign him while that was still ongoing. You really think every club in L1/L2 passed him up because he’s not good enough? Of course it was down to the court case.

Edited by FifeSons

Just started a FM career with you lot, what a bizarre, unbalanced squad you truly do have :lol:

Start off with two shite keepers, four right wingers, about five strikers and no left sided players at all apart from Dyer.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just started a FM career with you lot, what a bizarre, unbalanced squad you truly do have :lol:

Start off with two shite keepers, four right wingers, about five strikers and no left sided players at all apart from Dyer.

:lol:

I honestly can't believe how blinded I was by some of our quality additions in the summer. Our recruitment was absolutely mental.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Nade hasn’t had much of a chance to find another club since his case was resolved. No one was going to sign him while that was still ongoing. You really think every club in L1/L2 passed him up because he’s not good enough? Of course it was down to the court case.

If that is the case then only time will tell. Given he wasn't found guilty as opposed to the aforementioned Goodwillie - he should have no problem finding a team.

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

If that is the case then only time will tell. Given he wasn't found guilty as opposed to the aforementioned Goodwillie - he should have no problem finding a team.

Who knows, maybe he’ll decide he’s had enough and retire!

Now I come to think of it, I’m sure I once heard Troon are backed by someone who won the lottery... Could’ve been nonsense, but they might actually pay decent money. According to Wikipedia, they have a few blasts from the past on their books.

29 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Goodwillie was found innocent also 

No he wasn't. The case never went before a criminal trial.

He was found guilty in a civil case, with the lesser burden of proof 'the balance of probabilities'.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Just started a FM career with you lot, what a bizarre, unbalanced squad you truly do have emoji38.png

Yes, Ross Forbes has become known for his wand-like right peg. Hold on.......

14 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

What about Ross Forbes?

In game, he's a central player who's lack of mobility sees you murdered by opposition full backs if he's played on the wing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
In game, he's a central player who's lack of mobility sees you murdered by opposition full backs if he's played on the wing.

But is he a left-sided player, yes or no ?

He's a left footed central player, my point was about a lack of players to play on the left side. There's one left back, and no natural left wingers.

Nade was done towards the end of his time with us. I'm pretty sure an Albion Rovers or the likes would have taken him but he will be getting better money at Troon than he would playing for a bottom half League 2 team and he's probably quite happy at that level.

He's nowhere near good enough to get us out of this hole, as his last season with us proved. Injury prone with legs that can barely support his grizzly bear esque frame.

Yes, Ross Forbes has become known for his wand-like right peg. Hold on.......

What about Ross Forbes?
I done the research for Dumbarton this year and Ross Forbes isn't a left sided player. He's a central midfielder who can play on the right wing as a secondary position. Bobby Barr, Dom Thomas and Iain Russell also have secondary positions set as left mid but the only natural left sided player is Dyer.

Forbes may have filled in at left back for us a couple of times this year but the majority of his career he has played as a central midfielder or on the right wing. A good left peg doesn't make him a left sided player.

Doing that research was what had alarm bells ringing for me in terms of our squad depth and lack of options.

A defeat, a red card, Flannery taking pot shots on Facebook, current captain retires, former players touted for returns and now a rather trivial discussion on the classification of Ross Forbes position. A weekend in the life of a Sons fan.

We'll see you all again for a re-run of this on the 27th of January.