Sons' sorrow

Our lad Scott Allardice still at Dumbarton ?

I understand he wasn't available yesterday because he'd returned to Tannadice as his loan was up.

He's no great loss other than being another player we can call on. He'll go down in the long list of loanees we've had who are in the 'he was alright' camp and most won't remember much of this time next year.

He plugged a gap in terms of our lack of numbers but as to what sort of player he is/will be, who knows really, he didn't make much of an impact with us.

2 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I understand he wasn't available yesterday because he'd returned to Tannadice as his loan was up.

He's no great loss other than being another player we can call on. He'll go down in the long list of loanees we've had who are in the 'he was alright' camp and most won't remember much of this time next year.

He plugged a gap in terms of our lack of numbers but as to what sort of player he is/will be, who knows really, he didn't make much of an impact with us.

Fair enough maybe returning for RN to look at him before being punted into the reserves thank you and good luck for the season bud 

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can they do it in a cold midweek at Arbroath though? 

Only kidding, yeah, it's great to see.

Would depend on their parents writing them a letter for a "Doctor's Appointment" to finish school on time to make the bus... 

Not that I ever done that when I was younger for a midweek game... :whistle Good times!

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
27 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
With thanks to [mention=11024]HibeeJibee[/mention] for his post in the Premiership thread, here's a breakdown of our average attendances, at ten year intervals, since the war.
image.png.5b2d235553dd243772d4ff91acb98c22.png

That's some drop from the 50s to the 60s. What the hell happened?

I was born, '66. 

:unsure2:

EDIT - or, **** found their bus fare, by the looks of things.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

With thanks to @HibeeJibee for his post in the Premiership thread, here's a breakdown of our average attendances, at ten year intervals, since the war.

image.png.5b2d235553dd243772d4ff91acb98c22.png

Celtic's attendance more than doubling, whilst the turnouts at clubs relatively nearby absolutely plummet. 

Sad.

Celtic's attendance more than doubling, whilst the turnouts at clubs relatively nearby absolutely plummet. 
Sad.

There’s the problem, too many locals from towns and surrounding areas quite prepared to get on a bus or train to go to parkhead or ibrox. Has the football, or entertainment in these places always been better than a Dumbarton or Falkirk, for example? It’s not just from us they’re deserting, it’s hearts, hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United.

How do you stop this, fucked if I know

8 minutes ago, optimistic said:

There’s the problem, too many locals from towns and surrounding areas quite prepared to get on a bus or train to go to parkhead or ibrox. Has the football, or entertainment in these places always been better than a Dumbarton or Falkirk, for example? It’s not just from us they’re deserting, it’s hearts, hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United.

How do you stop this, fucked if I know

The problem is there are so many other attractions now that weren't available in previous decades. The only alternative to going to the football then was the Rialto (and you really didn't want to go there very often). There was no live football on TV, Sportscene showed only half an hour of highlights on Saturday night on one game, there were no updates or programmes like Sky Sports Saturday. If you went to the pub on Saturday afternoon, you had no idea what was happening, except for one game on the radio.

Edited by Sons FC