Sons' sorrow

I see that we're doing a deal where ST holders can bring a friend to the Stranraer game for half price.

Good idea imo, especially given Stranraer will likely have one of the smaller away supports in the league. Hopefully a few extra folk come along - especially with it being a few days before Christmas, with hyper weans in the house.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

I see that we're doing a deal where ST holders can bring a friend to the Stranraer game for half price.

Good idea imo, especially given Stranraer will likely have one of the smaller away supports in the league. Hopefully a few extra folk come along - especially with it being a few days before Christmas, with hyper weans in the house.

Hopefully be a good day with this and the Hospitality offer as well. It sold out and then they added extra seats to it which also sold out too. Hopefully a good atmosphere and get a good few extra bodies in.

Another great offer from the club in regards to half season tickets - any adult half season ticket bought now comes with a free U12 half season ticket. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3877

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the more of these we sell the more Duffy can do in January.  If anyone is thinking about getting one then please do, it will go a long way. Also gives you the chance to bring along your son/daughter/niece/nephew and get that emotional suffering planted in them early, which will hopefully bode well for us in years to come!

There's also a football card on the go at the moment, if you check out the facebook group or message me on here I can sort you out.  Choose a team for £10 and £500 goes to the winner. Again, this is all to aide Duffy in January, so if you can support it please do.

Club shop also open next Thursday 20th December in the evening for anyone needing some late Christmas presents.

It's a great idea but maybe would have been better to try avoiding the cheaper hospitality day? I would imagine quite a lot of the people going will be season ticket holders, so perhaps limiting the take up for this particular game?

3 hours ago, aftershocker said:

It's a great idea but maybe would have been better to try avoiding the cheaper hospitality day? I would imagine quite a lot of the people going will be season ticket holders, so perhaps limiting the take up for this particular game?

It's at a time of year where perhaps more family members are home so I think the club are just looking to give incentive to folk who might just fancy tagging along on the day. With hospitality full it would be good to have the home end looking a wee bit better than depressing.

23 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The volume of posts in this thread really speaks about the level of antiphathy this season has produced.

This is what some of our fans fancied - relegation.

"Dropping down wouldn't be too bad"

"Start winning games again"

"Whit are we daeing in The Championship"

"Fed up playing for *8th place"

Definite case of be careful what you wish for.

*8th this season looks good :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

This is what some of our fans fancied - relegation.

"Dropping down wouldn't be too bad"

"Start winning games again"

"Whit are we daeing in The Championship"

"Fed up playing for *8th place"

Definite case of be careful what you wish for.

*8th this season looks good :rolleyes:

The only response I have for this is that, if we were still in the Championship after Aitken's summer recruitment, we probably wouldn't have a point yet. He may well still have been in charge too.

39 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

The only response I have for this is that, if we were still in the Championship after Aitken's summer recruitment, we probably wouldn't have a point yet. He may well still have been in charge too.

Very true.

But I never mentioned Aitken.

Simply commented on the logic of some of our fans.

FifeSons rightly commented on the apathy at present.

Get relegated, crowds half, football is shite = apathy.

Edited by Silverton End

37 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Hmm, stretching things there I think. If Aitken keeps us up he has an extra ~£100K in his budget. That means he probably doesn't sign Grant Adam, Ross Perry, Willie Dyer, Brad Spencer or any of the other low paid squad filler we have. Not saying we'd have more than a point but we wouldn't have tackled the Championship with this squad, so it's hard to say we would've been shite or good. If he'd kept us up he'd have kept his job, but I imagine he'd have been given the boot at the same point he was this season if we were sitting below Falkirk in the Championship.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Hmm, stretching things there I think. If Aitken keeps us up he has an extra ~£100K in his budget. That means he probably doesn't sign Grant Adam, Ross Perry, Willie Dyer, Brad Spencer or any of the other low paid squad filler we have. Not saying we'd have more than a point but we wouldn't have tackled the Championship with this squad, so it's hard to say we would've been shite or good. If he'd kept us up he'd have kept his job, but I imagine he'd have been given the boot at the same point he was this season if we were sitting below Falkirk in the Championship.

Granted he would've had a better budget, but I'd imagine our big names (Dowie, Mango, Forbes, Loy and, dare I say, Hutton and Carswell) would've likely been the same. Handling and Gallacher would maybe even have stayed! Given how brutal we were to watch last season - and given the total mess he made of recruitment with our Championship budget last summer - I'm also not sure what our squad fillers would look like. They likely wouldn't be the players mentioned, but maybe just this season's equivalents of Greg Morrison and Aidan Wilson.

Or maybe Stevie would've nailed his recruitment, and got us back playing the kind of football we did when Durrant first came in. Who knows?

Craig Barr is on this week's Lower League Ramblings with Danny Denholm. 

I would listen to this but I've really gone off Denholm recently. Thought he came across well on the Pele Podcast but since then I've noticed how much he loves to slate the clichè footballer without realising he's massively becoming one himself with all that £2 patter and the slating of assists/'spice boys'.

I would listen to this but I've really gone off Denholm recently. Thought he came across well on the Pele Podcast but since then I've noticed how much he loves to slate the clichè footballer without realising he's massively becoming one himself with all that £2 patter and the slating of assists/'spice boys'.

Aye he seems to think he is above some of his fellow players. Bit cringey really.

Aye he seems to think he is above some of his fellow players. Bit cringey really.
He tried to publicly embarrass a young lad from down south recently and I found it in poor taste.

He also had one of the biggest arseholes in Scottish football on his podcast recently, in the shape of Dean Brett.

It's a no from me, I'm afraid.

I think it's been really good, enjoyed yesterday's too.

Think they were just using that stuff as filler and playing on it to start with but it's chilled a bit.

They obviously play on it and have a laugh about the posh boy/scheme boy stuff, it's no serious only a joke about.

Might've had Dean Brett on who I quite like but they had Brown Ferguson on which was up there with a THHP conversation/podcast for me. Loved that one.

There was a terrible inevitability about today's ending at Kirkcaldy; off the top of my head that's now away league matches at Brechin, Stenny, Airdrie, Stranraer and Raith where we have been leading but have proceeded to lose four and draw one.  Our inability to defend a lead is becoming extremely costly.

There was a terrible inevitability about today's ending at Kirkcaldy; off the top of my head that's now away league matches at Brechin, Stenny, Airdrie, Stranraer and Raith where we have been leading but have proceeded to lose four and draw one.  Our inability to defend a lead is becoming extremely costly.
Andy Galloway said on Twitter it's the 6th time this season we have chucked a lead away from home, taking a measley 4 points from a possible 18.

I'm pining for the day we get to empty half of this squad.