Sons' sorrow

Stevie is bumping his gums on Off the Ball at the moment. 

I only heard him for a minute or so before I got home, but he's already mentioned that he wasn't happy with the decision, didn't like being told over the phone (where he namechecked John Steele by the way), and thinks it wasn't fair to be sacked "after a wee blip". Also mentioned having 'eight' players out injured for his final game (did not mention that he signed them) and the fact "we stayed up and made it to cup finals".

He's having smoke blown up his backside about the great job he did, in a league where we "had no right to compete" and where he was regularly tipped for "plenty of big jobs"... 

Listening to him talking like that makes me delighted we got shot. There's saving face and there's coming across as deluded, at the moment he's trying to totally re-write history.

Aitken is a guest on Off the Ball. Two minutes into his contribution and he's moaning about being sacked over the phone and not face to face, how unfair it all was and how in his last game he had eight injuries. 

Confirms he spoke to Stirling Albion. 

There's more than one side to every story and I don't think he's doing himself any favours by continually berating the club on public forums.

Stevie is bumping his gums on Off the Ball at the moment. 
I only heard him for a minute or so before I got home, but he's already mentioned that he wasn't happy with the decision, didn't like being told over the phone (where he namechecked John Steele by the way), and thinks it wasn't fair to be sacked "after a wee blip". Also mentioned having 'eight' players out injured for his final game (did not mention that he signed them) and the fact "we stayed up and made it to cup finals".
He's having smoke blown up his backside about the great job he did, in a league where we "had no right to compete" and where he was regularly tipped for "plenty of big jobs"... 
Listening to him talking like that makes me delighted we got shot. There's saving face and there's coming across as deluded, at the moment he's trying to totally re-write history.

The fact he is trying to spin this in his favour speaks volumes about him.

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

He's having a go at people on forums now.

Hiya #StevieAitkenTacticalGenius, hiya pal!

EDIT specifically calling out a Sons fan who's profile pic is Celtic Park. Any takers? @Tartantony, you been berating Stevie on Twitter?

Seriously?

Spoiler

I'm at the Emirates Arena in mine actually.

As far as the sacked by phone thing went, there is no correct way to do these things. Perhaps the chairman wanted to inform Aitken of the decision as soon as it had been taken rather than hear it second hand in between the decision and the meeting. I agree that he's doing himself no favours and I have emailed the show.

The fact he has slated the fans, the chairman and the Trust in recent weeks speaks volumes about him IMO.

He was happy enough to take the Trust's money when he needed bailed out for making an arse of his squad. He was happy enough to go running to chairman asking for more funds on a yearly basis when he made an arse of his squad. The slating of the fans is fairly ludicrous considering he was well backed through some absolutely terrible runs of form. He even had his own fan club for f**k sake.

He's a deluded, bitter mess if he genuinely thinks he was sacked because of some hate campaign against him that was orchestrated by the supporters.

24 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Seriously?

Hide contents

I'm at the Emirates Arena in mine actually.

Seriously, yes.

21 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

As far as the sacked by phone thing went, there is no correct way to do these things. Perhaps the chairman wanted to inform Aitken of the decision as soon as it had been taken rather than hear it second hand in between the decision and the meeting. I agree that he's doing himself no favours and I have emailed the show.

I was going to email in too, giving my full name, seeing as he was having a go at anonymous internetters,  but ultimately, I'm too busy.

The show has most recently been discussing the 3M it cost Celtic to install the disco lights. SA was asked what he could have done at Dumbarton with £3M? He answered "Build a new stadium or sign players who could compete"

Guess we can add players to the list of people who conspired to get him sacked, then.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Seriously, yes.

He vanity searches his own name in that case. The last tweet I tagged him in was:

"Happy two year anniversary of @stevie_aitken's first competitive game in charge. It's certainly been an interesting couple of seasons!" - 10:15am 25 July 2017.

Say what you want about me, but I'm not exactly anonymous either.

I haven’t myself but have seen others being searched and also bags being searched. 
Considering the police aren’t allowed to search people unless they have “reasonable grounds”  and they aren’t searching everyone it would suggest they are profiling people, which is bang out of order. If they asked to search me I would refuse and ask to speak to head of security/ a board member for an explanation.

You wouldn't get in then. Haven't been searched at the Rock but have been at plenty other places. They search your bag going in to the theatre never mind a football ground. Annoying maybe but fairly trivial in the great scheme of things

7 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

He vanity searches his own name in that case. The last tweet I tagged him in was:

"Happy two year anniversary of @stevie_aitken's first competitive game in charge. It's certainly been an interesting couple of seasons!" - 10:15am 25 July 2017.

Say what you want about me, but I'm not exactly anonymous either.

Just listened to it back, and I'm pretty confident in saying that it isn't me he's having a go at. Which I'm kind of pleased about to be honest, I think I was fair with him - and would've been quite hurt if he'd chosen to single someone out who (for the most part) tried to give him a chance. 

I'm fairly certain I know who it is though.

His biggest abuser on social media was a Rangers fan though. I even blocked him on Twitter because I was so fed up with how overboard he went.

On 11/8/2018 at 17:15, Nadroj said:

Out of interest what is Brad Spencer like for you guys?

He is probably the most pointless signing for Killie in my lifetime and I'm just interested to see what he is actually like considering he was never seen for us?

I don't think he is that different to Carswell or Hutton and to me it says a lot that Duffy came in and still chose to play both of the aforementioned in his first game - despite so many of our fans insisting that they can't play together. I think Spencer is fine, but isn't any better an option than anyone else we have who can play in CM.

I was going to email in too, giving my full name, seeing as he was having a go at anonymous internetters,  but ultimately, I'm too busy.
The show has most recently been discussing the 3M it cost Celtic to install the disco lights. SA was asked what he could have done at Dumbarton with £3M? He answered "Build a new stadium or sign players who could compete"
Guess we can add players to the list of people who conspired to get him sacked, then.

He actually said “full time players” who could compete.