Sons' sorrow

21 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

As a few have already pointed out, the two year deal may make it less than straightforward to move Loy on. I'm still hopeful Duffy can get something out of him once he regains his fitness.

What exactly is his injury? Not seen it detailed anywhere that I can remember.

Remember when Murray came in and he employed the services of a sports scientist as well as a sports psychologist? I think that apart from getting Loy's back better as the primary injury, a session or two with a sports psychologist would perhaps help him if there's a confidence issue as some have implied.  I don't know what the nature of Loy's back injury is but for a wide variety of back problems, osteopaths, physios and chiropractors will generally know more than doctors about diagnoses and treatments.

BTW,  we live in a world where everything is judged by statistics and surely it's useful sometimes to have some information beyond results and points total to pinpoint what's going right and indeed, wrong? 

Just to bring in some perspective to the current brouhaha about the indiscipline of Scottish football supporters I have checked my archives and found a report in the Glasgow Herald about a game on the 26th Nov 1932.

On that day was at Yorkhill playing grounds a junior match between St Mungo and Partick Glencairn during which a riot took place. It started off with stone throwing but moved on when spectators attacked each other with knives bayonets and iron bars. By the time the police arrived seven men were arrested and eight more hospitalised one with serious stab wounds.

Nobody could afford to throw coins in those days.

All the best to Little. He put in a few good performances at full-back early in the season, it's just a shame he appeared to be made out of glass. Reading his injury list is mad, can't be too many parts of him that haven't been broken.

Can only echo what BBPF says regarding signing him in the first place though. Crazy decision given he's played little more than 30 games since leaving Rangers in 2014.

All the best to Little. He put in a few good performances at full-back early in the season, it's just a shame he appeared to be made out of glass. Reading his injury list is mad, can't be too many parts of him that haven't been broken.
Can only echo what BBPF says regarding signing him in the first place though. Crazy decision given he's played little more than 30 games since leaving Rangers in 2014.
Would be interesting to know how many 1st team games he actually played in his 12 years as a professional, I know your the man who will find that stat out.
He can definitely be filed under the "Aitken signing" section of the archives. Injury prone check, link to rangers check, can play multiple positions check.

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Would be interesting to know how many 1st team games he actually played in his 12 years as a professional, I know your the man who will find that stat out.
He can definitely be filed under the "Aitken signing" section of the archives. Injury prone check, link to rangers check, can play multiple positions check.

141 games, plus 9 for Northern Ireland. Not a huge number of them will be starts though.

16 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Just to bring in some perspective to the current brouhaha about the indiscipline of Scottish football supporters I have checked my archives and found a report in the Glasgow Herald about a game on the 26th Nov 1932.

On that day was at Yorkhill playing grounds a junior match between St Mungo and Partick Glencairn during which a riot took place. It started off with stone throwing but moved on when spectators attacked each other with knives bayonets and iron bars. By the time the police arrived seven men were arrested and eight more hospitalised one with serious stab wounds.

Can I raise you the 19th century women of Greenock? (And no - I was not there.)

Those seaside gals

18 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Just in case anyone thought you made it up, here is the report from the Herald on 28/11/1932

hooligans.png

2 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Out of interest what is Brad Spencer like for you guys?

He is probably the most pointless signing for Killie in my lifetime and I'm just interested to see what he is actually like considering he was never seen for us?

Seems alright. He's scored two goals which were both good strikes from the edge of the box, but it's hard to see what type of midfielder he is. He doesn't really get stuck in or break up play, doesn't bomb box to box and doesn't really make killer passes. He's tidy enough on the ball though so there may be a use for him yet but looks very much squad filler to me.

Just now, Nadroj said:

Out of interest what is Brad Spencer like for you guys?

He is probably the most pointless signing for Killie in my lifetime and I'm just interested to see what he is actually like considering he was never seen for us?

I really like him. When he came in I think most of us thought he'd be a squad padding jobber (well I did) but he's added something different to our one-dimensional midfield. He's quick and covers a lot of ground, which is something we don't really have otherwise, and is tidy in possession. He's also scored two really nice goals.

Early signs are that Duffy doesn't rate him though. Dropped for his first game, and then an unused sub (with a defender in midfield preferred over him) in the second. I'd be keen to start him this weekend though.