Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's a strange one. Quite clearly a quality player and can rip full backs for fun when he wants to. The problem was he could go missing for large periods which is clearly the reason clubs like Dumbarton and QoS have been given his service.

You have to imagine he'll eventually screw the nut and get some consistency. When he does, whatever club has him at the time are in for a treat :)

He played up front on Saturday and was involved in just about everything. Perhaps he has less place to hide when he's leading the line, but you're right, the reason he's on loan at Dumbarton must only be his consistency. Having said that, the determination he's shown so far suggests to me that his attitude couldn't be any better. Here's hoping we're the ones who are in for a treat!

I love Dom Thomas. His effort and passion during the games is excellent and he has great ability, he's a player similar to Stanton and Stirling in that he can carry us up the park and has a bit of magic in him. Him throwing the ball at Davidson to offer him a touch of it after skinning him on Saturday was excellent banter too. If we can hold onto him I'll be delighted.

I actually think he looks almost identical to Sam Stanton in the way he runs.

The fact that Dom Thomas and Calum Gallagher have been overlooked is going to force me into a strongly worded email.
Delighted for Forbes though. Three goals and five assists this season having only made seven league starts 8)

but he doesn’t run around enough

Great start from mr duffy and i thought the full team were brilliant. Beany man of match me thinks but cant argue with callum getting. I had doubts about duffy but if he can get us playing like that every week id be a happy camper. GREAT to see all fans supporting the team together as 1 long may it continue. 

Great start from mr duffy and i thought the full team were brilliant. Beany man of match me thinks but cant argue with callum getting. I had doubts about duffy but if he can get us playing like that every week id be a happy camper. GREAT to see all fans supporting the team together as 1 long may it continue. 

I have to agree about beanie, outstanding from start to finish, whereas Dom I felt, was a bit missing in the first half, compared to beanie and Gallagher.
Duffys experience should count, not just on match days or the training pitch, but how he speaks to the players between those times, talking them up and such. Every confidence in him. Experience counts

I remember posting last season about hearing Scott McDonald talking on the radio about the importance of pre-season. He said that it was almost impossible for a player to catch up if he missed pre-season for any reason. I suggested that this might be a reason for Beanie's form at the time. Everybody laughed and said Beanie was finished. I'm only just getting over the humiliation.......