Sons' sorrow

16 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Wasted a few hours attempting to teach myself a bit of Photoshop this afternoon.Forbesedit2.thumb.png.4ace9741a467361cd683a2a01cf06774.png

A few rough edges.

I use the select and mask tool (alt+ctrl+r) you can do cutouts in 15 minutes with quick selection tool (w) using both the + and -, then outline hair with (r) and any touchups like to the back of socks with (b)

oh and use a soft brush when touching up with b and it'll make your edges look a bit more natural.

Mockup_A4_Brochure_1.thumb.png.66fcf8e1ff98cbd3bb55735de039f077.png

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

A few rough edges.

I use the select and mask tool (alt+ctrl+r) you can do cutouts in 15 minutes with quick selection tool (w) using both the + and -, then outline hair with (r) and any touchups like to the back of socks with (b)

Mockup_A4_Brochure_1.thumb.png.66fcf8e1ff98cbd3bb55735de039f077.png

Cheers for the advice mate, I'll absolutely give that a shot the next time I'm playing around with it. Doing those was very much just trial and error messing around with different tools.

Funnily enough your programme covers were kind of what gave me the idea, I've been looking at them (and a few others to be fair) for a while, wondering if I could teach myself how to do that. I mean I've no idea if I'll ever use it irl, but it would be a nice party trick.

4 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Cheers for the advice mate, I'll absolutely give that a shot the next time I'm playing around with it. Doing those was very much just trial and error messing around with different tools.

Funnily enough your programme covers were kind of what gave me the idea, I've been looking at them (and a few others to be fair) for a while, wondering if I could teach myself how to do that. I mean I've no idea if I'll ever use it irl, but it would be a nice party trick.

I'm not particularly a person that really likes programmes at football but I looked at the ones we used to get and thought I could do better than that. When our printer(and the designer of the previous programme) was on holiday at the start of the season I'd already suggested we do the design in-house and get it printed locally. They asked me can you do it for us and we've went from there. There's been a great reception to it so far from everyone I've talked to especially the players and the manager and it gives me another job to do at the football.

They are good skills to learn. You can pick up a massive amount from Youtube videos. Just start off with tutorials and use football players instead of images that they use and you'll create some excellent images.

Articles_Michelangelo_Adam.thumb.png.159fa7787f6ab3e0c372ce399fac7449.png

13 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm not particularly a person that really likes programmes at football but I looked at the ones we used to get and thought I could do better than that. When our printer(and the designer of the previous programme) was on holiday at the start of the season I'd already suggested we do the design in-house and get it printed locally. They asked me can you do it for us and we've went from there. There's been a great reception to it so far from everyone I've talked to especially the players and the manager and it gives me another job to do at the football.

They are good skills to learn. You can pick up a massive amount from Youtube videos. Just start off with tutorials and use football players instead of images that they use and you'll create some excellent images.

Articles_Michelangelo_Adam.thumb.png.159fa7787f6ab3e0c372ce399fac7449.png

I hope that's front and centre of your CV.

Aye I'll keep plugging away with it and see what I end up doing - not that our programme covers need changing :wub:

Dik515pW0AASySh.thumb.jpg.e74d7d60805bd32385f00b4f88427eaa.jpg

In case anyone missed it last night, looks like Robbie Mutch could be back for next week. Based on that I'd fully expect McGowan to start today.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/dumbarton-s-mutch-to-be-recalled-to-falkirk-as-ray-mckinnon-faces-selection-issues-1-4820202

f**k, I miss Boghead.
I know a lot of the youngsters on here will ask how can you miss a crumbling shitehole ?
Well, many of us have long and happy memories of Boghead.
Same with old Bayview, place was falling apart but a proper football ground, unlike the soulless pish we play out of now

22 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:
17 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

f**k, I miss Boghead.
I know a lot of the youngsters on here will ask how can you miss a crumbling shitehole ?
Well, many of us have long and happy memories of Boghead.

Same with old Bayview, place was falling apart but a proper football ground, unlike the soulless pish we play out of now

It's amazing how people get nostalgic for rain pouring in through corrugated iron,  toilets an inch deep in (soulful) pish and the place generally falling apart. In the soulless arena, I get a reasonably comfy seat, a toilet WITH a wash hand basin and towels, a pint before the game with a lounge to sit in before kick-off and a food servery that would have a fighting chance of passing an environmental inspection. The only thing I don't particularly like is the stand on the one side, but there is no denying it's big enough. `

It's amazing how people get nostalgic for rain pouring in through corrugated iron,  toilets an inch deep in (soulful) pish and the place generally falling apart. In the soulless arena, I get a reasonably comfy seat, a toilet WITH a wash hand basin and towels, a pint before the game with a lounge to sit in before kick-off and a food servery that would have a fighting chance of passing an environmental inspection. The only thing I don't particularly like is the stand on the one side, but there is no denying it's big enough. `
Everyone looks back through rose-tinted glasses. Boghead in the late 60's and 70's was a cracking venue but latterly, and for various reasons, it became a dump. Check out Simon Inglis's 1986 book 'The Football Grounds of Great Britain' for a beautiful appreciation.

Correct Wilf. In my lifetime Boghead was a crumbling old shitehole that was no longer fit for purpose. Did I love it? Of Course. Am I glad it's gone to be replaced by a modern stdaium with good facilities? Absolutely.

As for this "soulless" pish, I've experienced far better atmospheres and days out at the new place than I ever did at Boghead. I obviously wasn't gracing the planet in the 70s or the 80s but the atmosphere at Boghead during the 90s was woeful and crowd numbers were dwindling at an alarming rate towards the end.

44 minutes ago, aftershocker said:
1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:
Obviously modern and older grounds have their advantages. The dream is something like Burton Albion's ground...
image.thumb.png.0a8b2c3d0a5b7770ff3fcd6a52b12d9e.png

A bit like our proposed stadium at Dalmoak...

But presumably not built on a floodplain :whistle

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

But presumably not built on a floodplain :whistle

I’m sure there are many many reasons but I still don’t understand why a community stadium isn’t look at for the back of levengrove park. Bridge across to the town. Training pitches that the club can use and local boys club can use.