Sons' sorrow

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It really baffles me why high profile guys like Durrant do stuff like this. Almost everyone has a mobile phone with a camera on it.

Playing to the audience, the people there will have LOVED it and will consider him even more of a legend now. If anything it makes him a bigger draw for those types of dinner because he "says it like it is".  No staunch "realfan" is sitting today reading that going "oh no! that's terrible"

Bigots gonna bigo, innit.

28 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Duff man says - let's have a keeper debate. Oh yeah.

I wonder if Jamie McGowan will be feeling more or less confident of getting starts now.  Duffy will know him better than anyone at DFC having been his gaffer for 3 years but with Duffy releasing him in the summer, I wonder how McGowan feels.

We'll need to sign another keeper before Saturday anyway as Mutch won't be available, just depends on what quality is available I suppose.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll need to sign another keeper before Saturday anyway as Mutch won't be available, just depends on what quality is available I suppose.

If there's one position more than any other where there's likely to be a player sitting clicking his heels, waiting for a game, it's keeper.

And as it's an emergency (week to week) situation, might not put many keepers off, as it's not as if they're disappearing away from their club for months.  Might be a good few keepers willing to just get some game time for a couple of weeks, rather than sit in the stand on game day.

16 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

As far as I know, Durrant conducted himself pretty well during his time at the Rock. Some of the comments I’ve read about him are in pretty poor taste and also unsubstantiated. I met and spoke with him at the Craig Brittain testimonial and he said his first game for Rangers was at Boghead. I hope he continues to be involved in the game.

Thats not aged well at all.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It really baffles me why high profile guys like Durrant do stuff like this. Almost everyone has a mobile phone with a camera on it.

Because he's proven time and time again over the last 30 years or so that he's a complete fud with dubious views.

I wonder if Jamie McGowan will be feeling more or less confident of getting starts now.  Duffy will know him better than anyone at DFC having been his gaffer for 3 years but with Duffy releasing him in the summer, I wonder how McGowan feels.

Duffy left Ton at the end of April so I’m not sure it would have been his decision.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I notice we have the joint worst defensive record in the entire SPFL. An average of 2.33 goals conceded per game.

That's an absolutely vile stat and goes to highlight just how awful we've been at the back so far.

But we're also joint top of the 'average goals generated per game' table ;)