Sons' sorrow

" Ian Durrant and Jamie Ewings will be looking after team matters at Gayfield. There are doubts surrounding several players ahead of the trip to Arbroath. Grant Adam and Craig Barr are definitely sidelined with full-back Willie Dyer joining them on the injury list. Ryan Thomson and Rory Loy are also nursing injuries and both are expected to miss out tomorrow."

No new manager, then.

" Ian Durrant and Jamie Ewings will be looking after team matters at Gayfield. There are doubts surrounding several players ahead of the trip to Arbroath. Grant Adam and Craig Barr are definitely sidelined with full-back Willie Dyer joining them on the injury list. Ryan Thomson and Rory Loy are also nursing injuries and both are expected to miss out tomorrow."
No new manager, then.

Gall upfront then given no Thomson, Loy and the departure of Aitchison?

9 minutes ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

Ian Murray is being revealed as new Airdrie manager this very moment. Lucky escape for us

Is he?

That would be very interesting. Great opportunity for him, but a lot will depend on who he has alongside him.

If I was an Airdrie fan then I'd probably be happier with Muzz than Stevie Aitken.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aitken begging for the Airdrie job and not getting it is a bit of a minter from him IMO.

Almost the same with Duffy and Thistle job. It happens a lot when managers put themselves in a public frame for a job, they rarely get it.

Almost the same with Duffy and Thistle job. It happens a lot when managers put themselves in a public frame for a job, they rarely get it.
I've just always felt Aitken has been a little bit cringey in the media. Duffy's was more of a 'I'm interested in the job' whereas Aitkens read a little more like a 'come and get me, Airdrie' plea.

When I read that article I almost felt relieved he wasn't our gaffer anymore, I've never got over his infamous Porteous and Penrice media leak. I always found the bigging up of him in the media OTT which just adds a bit if cringe to his most recent beg for a job (something I felt he was prime for during his time with us regarding a full-time gig).