Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Diamondatheart said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
I thought the very same. 
Absolutely bizarre that, in the space of about a month, he'll have been strongly linked with jobs in all four divisions (Dundee, Thistle, ourselves, Queen's Park).

He will be in the paper the morra wae a airdrie scarf wrapped roon his nut

Wouldn’t surprise me, Airdrie is probably more appealing on paper.

They seem a basket case to manage though.

13 minutes ago, Diamondatheart said:

it may seem that way but thats what the outcome of having a decent coach as a manager and tbh i dont think he could have organised a basket .

Findlay wasn’t the first manager to do poorly at Airdrie in recent years though. From the outside looking in, at least, the club seems to have been run poorly for a number of years.

11 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Everyone give a top three you’d like.

Duffy
Murray
Flannery

This just made me realise Stevie Aitken is included on the Facebook poll :lol: 

ETA: he’s trailing behind Ronald McDonald, Mike Bassett and, I believe, yourself.

Edited by FifeSons

Findlay wasn’t the first manager to do poorly at Airdrie in recent years though. From the outside looking in, at least, the club seems to have been run poorly for a number of years.
thats been a major part the old boards running of the club and having one tried manager (gary bollan ) and one fill in for few weeks (danny lennon ) we have had untry'd coaches having a go at being a manager since 2002

Yes, my second thought was Duffy will now say "thanks but no thanks" in the hopes of landing the Dundee job. (My first was will the Doom Bar be back on in the Balloch House tomorrow?)

At least Berwick didn't take any of our preferred candidates.

Yes, my second thought was Duffy will now say "thanks but no thanks" in the hopes of landing the Dundee job. (My first was will the Doom Bar be back on in the Balloch House tomorrow?)
At least Berwick didn't take any of our preferred candidates.
It would be a bit daft of Duffy to pass up on a job with ourselves in order to hold out for a job he's never going to get.

Some pretty disturbing reading in this morning’s Sun including the front page. IMG_1922.thumb.jpg.3a8ba9d53e0ef6887fe267a6bc33cea6.jpgIMG_1923.thumb.jpg.44617d58a7a3d5b22aeab41d72c99a9e.jpg
Shocking reading. The way his time at the club ended was terrible in my opinion. Chucked on the scrap heap due to, what has been proven by the courts, to be a false allegation. Must be a terrible feeling to think you may face jail time for something you didn't do.
I totally understand that he wouldn't have been in the right frame of mind and the club maybe wouldn't have wanted the bad publicity, however it would have been nice for the club to stick by him and offer support, or at least acknowledge the courts decision with a statement on the website thanking him for his time.
Mental health is becoming a very serious problem in today's game. Having not read the article, I hope the big man is ok and I wish him all the best.

39 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Shocking reading. The way his time at the club ended was terrible in my opinion. Chucked on the scrap heap due to, what has been proven by the courts, to be a false allegation. Must be a terrible feeling to think you may face jail time for something you didn't do.
I totally understand that he wouldn't have been in the right frame of mind and the club maybe wouldn't have wanted the bad publicity, however it would have been nice for the club to stick by him and offer support, or at least acknowledge the courts decision with a statement on the website thanking him for his time.
Mental health is becoming a very serious problem in today's game. Having not read the article, I hope the big man is ok and I wish him all the best.

Just now, FifeSons said:

Guilty until proven innocent these days. It’s all totally wrong.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club did the right thing IMO.  They were very strong allegations involving a relation of the management team (I believe), suspending him until the court case was heard was the right thing to do. I think "chucked on the scrap heap" is a bit strong too, we don't know what the club offered Nade in terms of support, or if Nade even wanted any help. And if Nade had been found guilty of battering his Mrs and threatening to kidnap a wean, people would be slaughtering the club for standing by him. 

Anyway, I hope he's okay and can get the help he needs.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club did the right thing IMO.  They were very strong allegations involving a relation of the management team (I believe), suspending him until the court case was heard was the right thing to do. I think "chucked on the scrap heap" is a bit strong too, we don't know what the club offered Nade in terms of support, or if Nade even wanted any help. And if Nade had been found guilty of battering his Mrs and threatening to kidnap a wean, people would be slaughtering the club for standing by him. 

Anyway, I hope he's okay and can get the help he needs.

Quite right. 

It would have been entirely inappropriate for the football club to offer any public comment in support of Christian whilst the matter was still pending. It would have been equally inappropriate for us to play him in matches, not least because of the mental health issues that have now emerged.

From a public-facing view the club have done nothing wrong.

12 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Quite right. 

It would have been entirely inappropriate for the football club to offer any public comment in support of Christian whilst the matter was still pending. It would have been equally inappropriate for us to play him in matches, not least because of the mental health issues that have now emerged.

From a public-facing view the club have done nothing wrong.

They wouldn't have had to. Other players involved in much higher profile cases than Nade's have been allowed to carry on playing until their trial was resolved.

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

They wouldn't have had to. Other players involved in much higher profile cases than Nade's have been allowed to carry on playing until their trial was resolved.

You really wanted the club to stick their fingers in their ears and act as if nothing had happened?  Letting him continue to play would be seen as support for him anyway, and as I've stated I'm sure this lassie was a relation of Ian Durrant, how exactly does that dynamic play out if you let Nade continue to play and fight his court case/depression at the same time?  It's a recipe for disaster and an additional headache that we really didn't need at that time of the season.  We made the right call.